2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where does Andros fit in? Been our best player after Doucoure this season
In the first few games it looked like more of a 442 with Gray and Richarlison switching positions and Townsend from the right. But yeah, gots to fit in Townsend somewhere!

Does Richalison even get back in the team at the moment? How do you drop Grey or Townsend? You can't really at the moment. They both deserve their place in the first 11, and to be honest I like Grey better on the left instead of in the 10 position. Sad to say it, but his contribution so far, is way in excess of what Richalison has been giving us. You also assume dcl comes straight back in.
I'm not seeing what Richalison offers and has been offieng the last season or so, that Grey is not doing better.

It was clear even in pre-season that he was the style of player we needed. He gets the ball out of his feet, drives forward and commits defenders.

He's done better than I expected so far though. He's showing real quality in the final third of the pitch. The challenge now is to keep his levels consistently high over the Autumn and into the winter.

Does Richalison even get back in the team at the moment? How do you drop Grey or Townsend? You can't really at the moment. They both deserve their place in the first 11, and to be honest I like Grey better on the left instead of in the 10 position. Sad to say it, but his contribution so far, is way in excess of what Richalison has been giving us. You also assume dcl comes straight back in.
I'm not seeing what Richalison offers and has been offieng the last season or so, that Grey is not doing better.

Obviously yes. He starts instead of Gordon. DCL starts in front of Rondon.

Based on the team on Saturday doesn’t he just come in for Gordon? And Calvert-Lewin for Rondon?

Status
Not open for further replies.