2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

…I’m on my 2nd rum but I honestly wouldn’t swap him for Sancho. Mind you, I might not swap Bolasie for Sancho.

Thought Sancho had an ok game myself. Only 21 and will develop into a top player with all the tricks.

Clearly after the start of the season hes had Gray is looking levels above him. Lets hope it continues.

Let's hold back on the England shouts eh.
That normally when the trouble starts.
Let it be our secret that he's actually very good.

He'll need to keep this up until year end to get in the early 2022 squads.

Nothing wrong with England shouts though, better to have players in England shirts than a "secret".

England internationals boost the attractiveness of the club and team and will help with marketing.

Brilliant start, chuffed to bits

But all these world class and £50 million shouts are funny. You know full well if he has 3 duff games on the bounce he'll suddenly be "the worst Everton player I've literally ever seen in history" ?

I was his worst critic and am bewildered at how he looks now to when he started games for Leicester and his drop off at Leverkusen.

Can he keep it up until January? Thats the big question and one I hope he succeeds in answering.

I'll never get sick of periodically popping up in this thread, just to check in with some of the more negative forum members here that were genuinely seething about us signing him, never mind the apparent Leicester fans that registered on the forum and came into this thread to mock us for signing him also, hmm..

Naturally, have watched the goal several times. Yes, the two physical efforts are deserving of praise, but then to have the composure to play that perfectly waited ball around the United defender was first-class.

He and Townsend are really personifying the Benetiz mantra. Effort produces quality, and there is no quality without effort.

It is why he is starting for Everton Football Club and James is in the stands in Qatar.

I'll never get sick of periodically popping up in this thread, just to check in with some of the more negative forum members here that were genuinely seething about us signing him, never mind the apparent Leicester fans that registered on the forum and came into this thread to mock us for signing him also, hmm..
Where are those Leicester fans...

So, so much more than a unproductive pace merchant, which is what I thought we would be getting.

Works his bollocks off every game and has produced moments that have led to goals almost every time he’s been on the pitch.

Absolute steal for what we paid.

I could easily watch a Gray highlight video of the United game, was phenomenal. We knew he had pace but his quality on the ball and ability to pick a pass has just been an absolute breath of fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.