Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the point here but it's funny to me how often people talk about how players should get better in training so they don't need to play. Trust me we'll here it regarding Gordon this year.

Still my bigger point is Leicester fans can chill tf out. They've long given up on him but I doubt he's given up on himself.
There’s certainly a case to be made for young players improving by training with first team players. That’s generally young players stepping up to first team level for the first time though. The increased pace, intensity and quality of the training can bring a player on. Only for a season or so though, there comes a point when young players need game time. Gray’s not in that position.

Don’t know why so many people have a problem with Leicester fans giving their assessment of the guy. They’ve seen a load more of him than us. True, it doesn’t chime with many of the rosy predictions on here. Maybe that’s what irks.

The past does not provide any evidence, merely a loose indicator of what may happen.

History is littered with "flops" at clubs who go on to have great success elsewhere. You never know what will happen. If we did then everyone who wasn't brilliant at their first club would end up retiring.
Did you get that from a fortune cookie? Profound like. Gibberish but profound.

why did Leicester want to offer him a new contract then, and why did he have well over a hundred appearances for them? Bayer had no choice but to let him go, it was a release clause.
He wasn't offered a new contract by Leicester. He admitted this himself in an interview with SSN on 16.2.21. I'd link it if I knew how.

He went on to say he didn't feel wanted and that he knew he had no future under Brendan Rogers.

actually the Leicester fans who came on here seemed more irritated than amused, which I think is a good sign. Whereas yes, the Arsenal fans had grins from ear to ear when we took Alex
There is a reason he barely started at Leicester under about 5 different managers.

Demarai Gray was given so many chances with us and failed to take every single one of them, it’s quite surprising he lasted as long as he did at Leicester.

The type of player who turns up in about 1 in 20 games, that’s not an exaggeration either.

It seems to me that Rafael is just replacing garbage with garbage.

As a Leicester fan I feel sorry for any team that ends up with Gray. One good game a season, if that.
Poor attitude too.
Seem to remember Benitez wanting him at Newcastle.

Have a look on out forums at posts going back years. We were desperate to be rid of him and amazed Leverkusen gave us a fee for him considering we were going to let him go on a free.

Leicester City fan here.

Gray is a real mystery. When we bought him from Birmingham City, he was definitely 'the next big thing'. Over the past few years we've earned a bit of a reputation for buying players and taking them on to the next level, and it seemed like Gray would be another in that line. But he turned out to be incredibly frustrating, and he must have really pissed of his successive managers and teammates. He did show flashes of talent, and there were a few games when he came on and lit up the place, but it was only a few, sadly: all too often he held the ball too long when a pass would have been the sensible option, and he sometimes seemed to disappear from view altogether. I suspect, on the basis of no evidence other than watching him, that he thought it would fall into his lap without trying - which is odd when you consider he was playing alongside people like Vardy, Albrighton, Ndidi etc, all of whom put in 100% all the time.

Maybe Benitez will be able to unlock his ability. I hope so, because I hate to see all that talent wasted.

It did surprise me when you got linked with Gray but good luck to him now you've signed him.

One of those players that occasionally did good things for us. He may just need an arm around him for encouragement.

.Leicester fan in peace.

I don’t get it at all. I’m afraid he’s a poor player. What makes it worse is he seems to think he is better than he actually is.

Hasn’t improved under five different managers with us but was given a further undeserved chance abroad.

Managed to mess that up within 6 hopefully

hopefully (for you)3 he will succeed, but all the evidence points to the contrary.

He has never killed it at Championship level, his lack of awareness will always be his downfall, mostly because he isn't even aware of it himself.

Hi again.

I really didn't wish to come on here and appear too negative about Gray. I REALLY wanted him to succeed with us, why would I wish anything other than that because surely if he plays well for us, then we have a greater % at being successful overall.

I was just surprised that a club of your stature and perceived ambition (perceived, as i'm unsure as to whether Rafael is an ambitious signing - but none of my business), would want him, even if he is virtually free.

If my memory serves me correctly he was on about £60k per week, not peanuts in football terms but certainly not a freebie.

If he is to 'fill a void' on the bench then it's a very cheap 'gamble' and I wish him nothing but success. Just surprised he signed for Everton rather than someone like Luton, Derby or Sunderland.

Best wishes for the up and coming season, I hope you do well, but obviously not quite as well as us.
Here's a selection of posts from a range of Leicester fans. None of them seem in the slightest bit irritated, and in farness they aren't laughing at us either. To a man, they are just surprised that a club of our standing is buying Demarai Gray because, in each of their opinions, he isn't good enough for us.

An opinion that many of us blues agree with. So far I haven't seen anything in the two halves he played over in Florida that changes my original opinion of him. But here's hoping I'm wrong and he exceeds my expectations (which are quite low anyway).

I find myself hoping now that he and Townsend were indeed purchased as cheaper squad fillers as originally thought, as I'm getting a little concerned at the number of stories now coming out saying that we are indeed skint.

Neither does there seem to be any malice towards the player himself. Most of them wish him well

He wasn't offered a new contract by Leicester. He admitted this himself in an interview with SSN on 16.2.21. I'd link it if I knew how.

He went on to say he didn't feel wanted and that he knew he had no future under Brendan Rogers.
yes I've just read that, fair enough. I read from the foxes forum someone saying he was offered one, but this obv trumps that.

Here's a selection of posts from a range of Leicester fans. None of them seem in the slightest bit irritated, and in farness they aren't laughing at us either. To a man, they are just surprised that a club of our standing is buying Demarai Gray because, in each of their opinions, he isn't good enough for us.

An opinion that many of us blues agree with. So far I haven't seen anything in the two halves he played over in Florida that changes my original opinion of him. But here's hoping I'm wrong and he exceeds my expectations (which are quite low anyway).

I find myself hoping now that he and Townsend were indeed purchased as cheaper squad fillers as originally thought, as I'm getting a little concerned at the number of stories now coming out saying that we are indeed skint.

Neither does there seem to be any malice towards the player himself. Most of them wish him well
I'd say the first 3 at least are a bit miffed, but it's all speculation

Thanks for looking those up. Agree with every word you’ve said. Top post.

yes I've just read that, fair enough. I read from the foxes forum someone saying he was offered one, but this obv trumps that.
We all know that what we hear in the media isn't always true. There were probably rumours that a new contract was being negotiated and he was going off that. I saw the post in question when I was going through the thread.

I havent watched the games, but I did see his pass for Keans goal last night and he took his peno well.

So to say you havent seen anything when ive seen him do at least 2 good things in the 1minute I watched seems a bit crazy.

I havent watched the games, but I did see his pass for Keans goal last night and he took his peno well.

So to say you havent seen anything when ive seen him do at least 2 good things in the 1minute I watched seems a bit crazy.
Coming from the person who is probably the biggest critic of the ubiquitous Youtube video on GOT lol

His assist was very good Goat I agree. As were both of his penalties.

But his overall game in both matches, which I have watched, was of the level I expected of him. I'm not going to go overboard because the lad takes a penalty (under very little pressure). Even Kenny was doing panenkas and he's the worst player on the pitch from both sides in both games. In my opinion, the two lads, Gordon and Broadbent, have been more impressive than both Gray and Townsend over the 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.