Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he played in the championship you’d be paying about 25m for him, as he’d kill it at that level. So that’s a positive.
He has never killed it at Championship level, his lack of awareness will always be his downfall, mostly because he isn't even aware of it himself.

He has never killed it at Championship level, his lack of awareness will always be his downfall, mostly because he isn't even aware of it himself.
Just to open a Pandora’s box.

If a player lacks awareness, he would be unable to be aware that he lacks awareness. And then if he ever did become aware that he lacks awareness. He would no longer lack awareness.

Being an Everton fan is tough.

not to hijack but I’m trying to think like who?. Not challenging the assertion Moyes bought underachievers but I can’t think of a name.
He loved a lower league player but it was the cream of the team he took.

maybe Arteta at the time could argue was underachieving..
Pienaar struggled a bit in the Bundesliga if I remember correctly. Those were the two that kind of came to mind

If a player lacks awareness, he would be unable to be aware that he lacks awareness. And then if he ever did become aware that he lacks awareness. He would no longer lack awareness.

The good news is that if there ever was a manager that can get through the thick skull of a player of this caliber, it's Benitez.

This is a man that was born to manage Nuke Laloosh. It's the prima donnas that he can't manage.

.Leicester fan in peace.

I don’t get it at all. I’m afraid he’s a poor player. What makes it worse is he seems to think he is better than he actually is.

Hasn’t improved under five different managers with us but was given a further undeserved chance abroad.

Managed to mess that up within 6 hopefully

hopefully (for you)3 he will succeed, but all the evidence points to the contrary.

To be fair I was already signed up on here for some reason I can't remember. I think more our fans are just amazed he's managed to get a Premier League gig.

We were convinced that after his move to Germany he'd be back in the Championship in 2 or 3 years. He must have an amazing agent.

I've seen a few people mention his run against Everton a few years back. That's all that used to get mentioned on our forums by those arguing for him. Because it is literally about the only time he ever did it. One great strike away to Man Utd when we were 4-0 down and that's about it for his highlights.

Intrigued at how he'll do. Don't hold any dislike for the bloke and hope he somehow fulfills some sort of potential.

No doubt he'll score against us.

Ps.

Social Media is not really my thing (aside from the odd football forum) but get ready for lots of cryptic posts on his Instagram/Twitter apportioning blame elsewhere followed by the deletion of his accounts and then restarting them a few weeks later.

You could post interviews of every coach hes had, former team mates and even the man himself...saying hes going to flop.

...you could even have a time traveller come back from the future showing evidence that hes going to flop.

Benitez could even do an interview laughing about signing him and predicting he'll flop.

None of these things matter when posters here are claiming:

1: Hes instantly now worth £8mil+ and we can sell him in a couple of seasons for £25mil

2: Hes a brilliant rotation option

3: He'll finally come good

4: Its no problem having a player without an end product and a lack of decision making "because he runs fast" like Forrest Gump.

5: He is suited to a different style of football than Leicester (and Leverkusen) play.

6: Leicester fans (whose team are signing top young talent) are gutted that weve got him.

7: Hes cheap and has a low salary and we should sign more players like this (?!?!?!?)

3 year deal for this clown of a footballer...Everton Football Club...

Rewarding failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.