Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say a bit of both, the way perhaps we felt about Ross B
No. He was a rat who fleeced us so he could get a better contract with Chelsea. I wasn't miffed with him. I wanted to kill him.

Gray was somebody they got quite cheap (buy out clause with Birmingham) who didn't fulfill his initial potential. I'd probably liken it to us with Sandro.

Here's a selection of posts from a range of Leicester fans. None of them seem in the slightest bit irritated, and in farness they aren't laughing at us either. To a man, they are just surprised that a club of our standing is buying Demarai Gray because, in each of their opinions, he isn't good enough for us.

An opinion that many of us blues agree with. So far I haven't seen anything in the two halves he played over in Florida that changes my original opinion of him. But here's hoping I'm wrong and he exceeds my expectations (which are quite low anyway).

I find myself hoping now that he and Townsend were indeed purchased as cheaper squad fillers as originally thought, as I'm getting a little concerned at the number of stories now coming out saying that we are indeed skint.

Neither does there seem to be any malice towards the player himself. Most of them wish him well
Mate, our fans were saying Lukaku was poo when he left, take it with a pinch of salt.

Here's a selection of posts from a range of Leicester fans. None of them seem in the slightest bit irritated, and in farness they aren't laughing at us either. To a man, they are just surprised that a club of our standing is buying Demarai Gray because, in each of their opinions, he isn't good enough for us.

An opinion that many of us blues agree with. So far I haven't seen anything in the two halves he played over in Florida that changes my original opinion of him. But here's hoping I'm wrong and he exceeds my expectations (which are quite low anyway).

I find myself hoping now that he and Townsend were indeed purchased as cheaper squad fillers as originally thought, as I'm getting a little concerned at the number of stories now coming out saying that we are indeed skint.

Neither does there seem to be any malice towards the player himself. Most of them wish him well
he's defo scoring v leicester this season now

Seeing the disgusting sight of Leicester fans posting on this great forum brings a painful tear to my eye.

Hope Gray smashes a hattrick against them this season.

Just watched a rerun of the 4-2 game the season after they won the Prem. We scored in the first minute. Few minutes later he broke forward at pace with his head up,played a nice simple pass they equalise. If he can do some of that for us I'll be happy.

Mate, our fans were saying Lukaku was poo when he left, take it with a pinch of salt.
The problem with Lukaku was never that he was or is poor. The problem is that he's a flat-track bully. That's an extremely valuable skill, in terms of points tally. It's also hard to get a player like that to accept that he's a flat-track bully, and sit when he wants to start in the big matches.

Look at his goals last season. He had one goal in open play against the rest of the top four in Italy. He had two goals in the Champions League, both against the eighth-placed team in Germany. He couldn't even net against Shaktar.

That said, I would 100% want him on my team as long as I wasn't trying to press a high line.

As far as Grey goes, it's a great dice roll at the price paid. The reality is that we're Everton. If we're going to break through, we're going to have to take some punts. Most of them won't work out. That's the nature of punts.

I wasn't over the moon but he's looked lively, made some runs, and played a nice through ball, we'll soon coach that out of him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.