2023/24 Dele

Pretty sure this just isn’t true. Regardless of the payment terms we’ve bought his permanent registration from Spurs. Renewing a players contract or the contract ending doesn’t alter the contract with the selling club otherwise clubs would play that trick all the time.
Exactly this. We only recently benefited from the John Stones sale ourselves after he'd won the UCL, and clearly he's signed an extension at Man City.

Pretty sure this just isn’t true. Regardless of the payment terms we’ve bought his permanent registration from Spurs. Renewing a players contract or the contract ending doesn’t alter the contract with the selling club otherwise clubs would play that trick all the time.
Of course it does spurs have no call on Dele once his contract has ended.

He’d need to prove he is still a professional footballer that is capable of playing in the Premier League within the games he has remaining, before a payment becomes due, if we are to seriously consider keeping him beyond this season. Without such proof, we should stay well clear imo; let some other desperado take on the risk.

yeah I’m pretty sure it’s open ended

in the same way that we still got money from United and City when Rooney and Stones won the fa cup and champions league respectively despite having signed numerous new contracts since. they were a clause in the transfer, not the players contract.

i imagine the same applies to Dele. if he plays xxx amount of games for Everton we pay 10mil. regardless of when those games come.

i dont want us to be the club that weaponises mental health but someone should be planting stories to talksport and the tabloids that we want to give Dele a chance to reclaim his career but Levy is hardballing us. nothing like the court of public opinion to swing this our way

Dele 'gets back' and he's fit enough for Dyche to pick him.
Compared to 'Peak Dele' what % of that peak would he still need be at to be an improvement on say Doucoure...or any of our Mid-Field for that matter?
50, 60, 70, 80 ??
I think this is an odd question. Personally I think Garner, Onana and Doucoure are by far and away our best midfield three IN THE STYLE WE LOOKING TO PLAY. I don’t see dele on the pitch

yeah I’m pretty sure it’s open ended

in the same way that we still got money from United and City when Rooney and Stones won the fa cup and champions league respectively despite having signed numerous new contracts since. they were a clause in the transfer, not the players contract.

i imagine the same applies to Dele. if he plays xxx amount of games for Everton we pay 10mil. regardless of when those games come.

i dont want us to be the club that weaponises mental health but someone should be planting stories to talksport and the tabloids that we want to give Dele a chance to reclaim his career but Levy is hardballing us. nothing like the court of public opinion to swing this our way

Is the difference to Rooney/Stones etc. is there contract was extended whereas Dele's contract will end and he will be a free agent?

Just trying to look for a positive rather then having any knowledge of the situation.

Is the difference to Rooney/Stones etc. is there contract was extended whereas Dele's contract will end and he will be a free agent?

Just trying to look for a positive rather then having any knowledge of the situation.
Maybe Dele has to officially leave at the end of his contract, if only for a day, to then be resigned.

Would that make the deal with Spurs null and void?