2023/24 Dele

i think Dele would be the perfect replacement for Doucoure if injured or tacticaly if we need something else. I mean, if he gets anywhere near where he was, then we’ve got a real diamond on our hands
I subscribe to this. I think generally Doucoure fits our 'style' better, but in football you absolutely have to have different options if you want to move up the table and I reckon a fit Dele could be a great alternative option to him in that position should the need dictate.

i dont want us to be the club that weaponises mental health but someone should be planting stories to talksport and the tabloids that we want to give Dele a chance to reclaim his career but Levy is hardballing us. nothing like the court of public opinion to swing this our way

What that would broadcast is that Everton cannot be trusted with transfers at all.

The lad's mental health issues have more than likely been triggered by Lampard signing him and then sticking him in a box, before shipping him off to West Asia.

Equally justifiable for Spurs to turn around and try to wipe off owed fees for Richarlison because his mental health issues appear to have turned him into Maupay

Chooooo chooooo.

All aboard The Dele express.
"Tickets please"

train_wreck_at_montparnasse_1895.jpg

Incredible levels of hope that after 2 years, 13 appearances totalling 369 mins (inc 2 x memorable appearances of 1m and 9m - well in Frank!), a failed loan to the retirement league of Turkey and stint in rehab, that this guy is somehow the answer to our woes.
Mind boggling.
Levels of vitriol aimed at the likes of Gbamin yet this guys is held on a pedestal because he was decent about 6 years ago.

Equally justifiable for Spurs to turn around and try to wipe off owed fees for Richarlison because his mental health issues appear to have turned him into Maupay

They're not going to let Dele go while they still owe us some payments on Richarlison without us coming to a deal with them. We're not going to make a huge effort because we need all the Richarlison money we can get and more, and I'm sure there's a recognition that the chances of Dele being anything near the player he once was is probably ultra small. We could offer to release Dele from his contract so he could go anywhere else and be played freely, but I'm guessing Dele realizes we're probably his last big pay day and will likely hang on for as long as he can.

Incredible levels of hope that after 2 years, 13 appearances totalling 369 mins (inc 2 x memorable appearances of 1m and 9m - well in Frank!), a failed loan to the retirement league of Turkey and stint in rehab, that this guy is somehow the answer to our woes.
Mind boggling.
Levels of vitriol aimed at the likes of Gbamin yet this guys is held on a pedestal because he was decent about 6 years ago.
I might be wrong or we don't know, but I don't recall Gbamin being molested as a child like.

I might be wrong or we don't know, but I don't recall Gbamin being molested as a child like.
Not entirely convinced by the correlation tbh, I’m sympathetic to his childhood trauma of course but it wasn’t such a debilitating factor when he was at Spurs. And who’s to say Gbamins mental health wasn’t under strain after his big move to the EPL, only to suffer serious injury after serious injury, in fact his top flight career has basically been ended. Didn’t stop him getting all kinds of grief on here while my point remains, Alli is STILL looked at as the answer to our prays / held in high esteem, while the likes of Gbamin, DCL, Mina all got dogs abuse for being unable to perform their jobs through no fault of their own.
At least Gbamin had the decency to agree to terminate his contract.

Not entirely convinced by the correlation tbh, I’m sympathetic to his childhood trauma of course but it wasn’t such a debilitating factor when he was at Spurs. And who’s to say Gbamins mental health wasn’t under strain after his big move to the EPL, only to suffer serious injury after serious injury, in fact his top flight career has basically been ended. Didn’t stop him getting all kinds of grief on here while my point remains, Alli is STILL looked at as the answer to our prays / held in high esteem, while the likes of Gbamin, DCL, Mina all got dogs abuse for being unable to perform their jobs through no fault of their own.
At least Gbamin had the decency to agree to terminate his contract.
I don't think anyone at all is looking to Dele to be our hope and saviour, the posters in support of him are of a humanitarian nature and any footy we get out of him will be a terrific bonus, we know he won't play unless he's good enough because it's not in Dyche's nature to gamble and we're not financially in a position to play him more than 6 times.

As for his personal issues, old wounds open up at various times in your life, it's not chronological, you can bury stuff until you can't. Speaking from personal experience on this. The comparison to Gbamin doesn't really make a lot of sense abuse wise, as you only have to read through this forum to see how much crap Dele was getting before he came out with what was wrong, and even after that there's scores of posters in this very thread playing it down.

So in short, you've made all those points up in your head :hayee: