2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
As romantic as it would be, these things dont really work out like they do in the theatre or films,

In our position financially I still don't see anything at all to merit the outlay needed to afford him to play.

I've re-read my post, thanks for asking me to do so. Seems fine 👍
So you think as a club already crumbling to pieces can afford to just go and give Spurs £10 million because of what Dele has had to deal with.

Spurs don't deserve anything from us just cos of this ordeal.

We still have Dele for another season anyway, and what he needs is our help in any way we can to get him through this.
so we need to do this in his best interests, and in the right way. Which has absolutely nothing to do with paying off spurs, that won't help anybody but spurs...

People moan about everton finances asif they are paying it them selves !

Give the lad a break hes having/had a tough time

Lets not bring his wages into it

And people like you that say “ it’s not your money… why do you care” are now seeing why we do.

We cannot sign any players and have nearly gone down twice… we are selling our players to balance the books and either not replacing them or replacing them with free trabsfers and loans.

The risk is also that by opening up about this and getting treatment there maybe a chance that Dele returns to be the old Dele we saw play for England and Spurs. If that happens he would be the best 10m signing ever

If that happens then it won’t be 10m it can rise to 40m.

Also if he plays this year and does well… he will be a free agent at the end of the season.

Meaning we shell out another 10-20m and get nothing back in return .

Levy had us off massively in this deal and I have zero doubt he new exactly what was going on with dele ….

if he can get back to 75% of his top form it will be 10m well spent
sounded in the interview he getting into the club and the manager
so lets hope it works for the lad most of all then us

It’s not just 10m though, it’s 10m we don’t have .

Also the fee goes up and up to a potential 40m

Imagine that, when negotiating levy knew about all these problems and managed to get 200k off the books in wages and also a potential to get 40m for a player that had zero interest in football.

I find when everyone thinks they won after it gets real, someone was the sucker. When everyone thinks they lost, it's probably fair. That means everyone gave to get.

I agree with the sentiment that the best business is for everyone to have enough sense not to let it get to that point, for the sake of relationships. If third parties see someone getting into fights all the time, opportunities with those parties are lost.

I negotiate for a living and agree completely.
They say that a sign of a “fair” deal is when both parties walk away a little disappointed.

It means there was a compromise z

If one party is skipping down the road , whistling and rubbing their hands together , it usually means someone has been taken to the cleaners

Jesus some people are more arsed about money than seeing the lad back on the pitch

If the club had been better at watching the money then we might be in a position to take a chance on him …
But we are skint , need 6-7 players to add to the squad and have a financial hearing in October .

So much nonsense arguing here. The club made a deal and knew the terms. They liked the idea of paying 10 million for 20 games. No one tricked them into taking the deal, and there’s no harm in giving him a chance to get himself turned around.

If he manages to train well enough to earn a spot in the starting XI, the club still has six games to let him prove himself. Only in that seventh game will the payment be triggered, and it’d be worth the cost to find an upgrade in someone they’re already paying wages to whether he plays or not.

He’s not triggering the clause by trying and falling. I’m rooting for him.

As romantic as it would be, these things dont really work out like they do in the theatre or films,

In our position financially I still don't see anything at all to merit the outlay needed to afford him to play.

Actually I'm ready for the redemption arc storyline. Life is full of amazing stories, its just that they dont happen to Everton in recent years. Let's hope for the best!

I’m not sure when people are going get their head around the fact that what players are paid, or what their transfer fees are are absolutely nothing to do with them. I dunno why people get so offended 🤷🏻‍♂️, It’s like getting offended that your bank has bought crap desks

So much nonsense arguing here. The club made a deal and knew the terms. They liked the idea of paying 10 million for 20 games. No one tricked them into taking the deal, and there’s no harm in giving him a chance to get himself turned around.

If he manages to train well enough to earn a spot in the starting XI, the club still has six games to let him prove himself. Only in that seventh game will the payment be triggered, and it’d be worth the cost to find an upgrade in someone they’re already paying wages to whether he plays or not.

He’s not triggering the clause by trying and falling. I’m rooting for him.

We wernt tricked … but we were desperate to stay in the league.

We have since stayed up and are now planning for our current situation.

I would rather use that 10m to secure a youngster like Scott, Willy, Clarke etc than to spend it on dele

I would rather use that 10m to secure a youngster like Scott, Willy, Clarke etc than to spend it on dele
0_Carlo-Ancelotti-doesnt-know-who-Luke-Garbutt-is-as-he-is-questioned-on-defenders-departure.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.