2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPs prescribe them like sweets these days. As easily available as weed or any other illegal drug. Sold for a few quid a box.
Not really. I was going through a bad patch one time, wasnt sleeping very much went to my GP and asked for a prescription of sleepers and they strongly advised me against it and suggested alternative solutions first like exercising and lifestyle changes. I'm glad i took their advice

Because we are not a charity organisation and can absolutely not afford to be one now. Im aware its cold to say, but he is not our responsibility - Dele going to rehab doesnt change that. We have paid him handsomely to do borderline nothing and I see no non emotional reason to keep doing so.
Hopefully more empathetic people do see the reason to do so. Emotional or not.

to all the people thinking we should just get rid of him since we paid him to do nothing...

are we the people's club or are we just another soulless corporate shell of a football club seeking success no matter the means?

don't get me wrong, i hate to see everton lose. but we need this club to stick to some of the values that make it so great no matter what happens on the pitch. we should give him the chance to re-discover his footing. and even risk some losses.

Not really. I was going through a bad patch one time, wasnt sleeping very much went to my GP and asked for a prescription of sleepers and they strongly advised me against it and suggested alternative solutions first like exercising and lifestyle changes. I'm glad i took their advice
Me too, however if I wanted a box of sleeping tablets now I could get them within the hour.
Genuinely.

Well, it was originally going to be a South Park joke about getting his first career medal, but then we don't know if the perp was a woman or not.

200.gif

I've got a friend who was abused by his female babysitter when he was 8 and its lead to him being completely unable to form any type of relationship with a female. Hes 40 years old, hes straight and has never had a girlfriend. Finds it hard to even talk to women and a good chance that he'll die alone.

So can we please stop this stigma that boys being molested by women is a good thing, even as a joke. Which im sure thats what your post is to just to lighten the mood of what is a very dark subject. As I understand thats some people coping mechanism for dealing with these subjects.

to all the people thinking we should just get rid of him since we paid him to do nothing...

are we the people's club or are we just another soulless corporate shell of a football club seeking success no matter the means?

don't get me wrong, i hate to see everton lose. but we need this club to stick to some of the values that make it so great no matter what happens on the pitch. we should give him the chance to re-discover his footing. and even risk some losses.
Christ no. I’m all for giving someone a chance to prove himself. He can do it in preseason and training camp. What you said is exactly what we should not do. It’s thinking like this that landed us where we are to begin with. You aren’t helping Deli by giving him freebies.

I've got a friend who was abused by his female babysitter when he was 8 and its lead to him being completely unable to form any type of relationship with a female. Hes 40 years old, hes straight and has never had a girlfriend. Finds it hard to even talk to women and a good chance that he'll die alone.

So can we please stop this stigma that boys being molested by women is a good thing, even as a joke. Which im sure thats what your post is to just to lighten the mood of what is a very dark subject. As I understand thats some people coping mechanism for deal with these subjects.
it's a bit like threesomes: the reality is quite different to the fantasy.

Christ no. I’m all for giving someone a chance to prove himself. He can do it in preseason and training camp. What you said is exactly what we should not do. It’s thinking like this that landed us where we are to begin with. You aren’t helping Deli by giving him freebies.
you totally got me wrong there. i was not talking about freebies.
and it's not this kind of thinking that landed us where we are. it was absolutely clueless recruiting and mindless spending. but dele is at this club already. nobody knows how many games there are left till his added payments are triggered and we should try to integrate him in our team and maybe risk spending 10 million more on him instead of going out, spending the same amount on a potentially subpar player no one knows squat about. at least with dele we know that he really does have the potential to be special.

edit: original post to which you replied was formulated a bit negative. of course it's not obvious that giving dele chances even results in us losing more than we would either way. maybe we'd even be winning more

you totally got me wrong there. i was not talking about freebies.
and it's not this kind of thinking that landed us where we are. it was absolutely clueless recruiting and mindless spending. but dele is at this club already. nobody knows how many games there are left till his added payments are triggered and we should try to integrate him in our team and maybe risk spending 10 million more on him instead of going out, spending the same amount on a potentially subpar player no one knows squat about. at least with dele we know that he really does have the potential to be special.
Would I give him the go ahead over Maupay? Sure. He can’t be any worse. Would I give him a shot over other players that may deserve a chance as well just because he has struggled? I’m not expecting Cannon or anyone to step into the picture in all honesty, but you can’t just play someone based on a superficial reason. It’s like managers playing Iwobi, Siggy, Bolasie because we paid silly money for them or Rooney because “EVERTON LEGEND.” The best man deserves their shot. If it’s Cannon, Deli, Elanga, Gray, Iwobi, Gnoto or whoever so be it.

I don't think we have to put it in the context of whether Everton needs to be "the people's club" or not, because that label seems to be an albatross sometimes. I'd rather not consider that at all.

It's simply a matter of valuing the human being. Dyche has a way of doing that while still imparting discipline and demanding performance.

We've already seen Dyche immensely improve the on-pitch performance of McNeil and Doucoure, both of whom were seeing their careers circle the drain under Lampard. It was clear that their mental states were a little fragile. Dele's is a much more difficult situation but he's also shown himself capable of heights that most footballers can't attain.

Being fully supportive of him as a man and giving him the chance to come back will serve the club in multiple ways, including by reputation among other players. Call it doing well by doing good.

This lad has had an awful life as a young man. Trauma can affect anyone that has suffered it.
I work with young people and I can truly attest to that - they often open up for the first time in their life to me/us.
I really believe that he can get back to being a great football player now that he is addressing these demons.
I've seen it happen - obviously not with a football player but with people turning their lives around in general.

In the interview he say's the club doctors were strict with them. One per day when the club felt it was required but where there's a will there's a way.

The poorest people in society can find a way to access Class A narcotics so a very wealthy young man in a position that attracts vultures, hangers on and others won't struggle to find a source of sleeping pills.

Exactltly my point, they seem readily available.

Not really an issue you hear much about, so prob not the rigour around subscribing, oversight, proto old etc. If he’s taking prescription sleeper they are prescribed somewhere.

As mentioned prob a matter of rocking up a readily accessible Doc and saying you can’t sleep, yet we can see dependency can develop - the access doesn’t match the risk.

Exactltly my point, they seem readily available.

Not really an issue you hear much about, so prob not the rigour around subscribing, oversight, proto old etc. If he’s taking prescription sleeper they are prescribed somewhere.
As mentioned prob a matter of rocking up a readily accessible Doc and saying you can’t sleep, yet we can see dependency can develop - the access doesn’t match the risk.
They're a product like anything else. They're made somewhere, stored somewhere, transported somewhere and ultimately stocked and sold somewhere. There's multiple ways for them to find their way into an illicit supply chain.

Tighter regulation around access has never really been an answer to dependency and addiction. Humans are incredibly creative problem solvers when a need arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.