2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely, I’m starting think he’ll smash it this year; there’ll be peaks and troughs in the road for him, but he’s already took an absolutely huge step.

We all knew he had the talent, but we didn’t understand why it wasn’t being utilised. If he can become happy again, we’ll see the old player.
I'd still sooner have Dele tho 😳

Genuinely, I’m starting think he’ll smash it this year; there’ll be peaks and troughs in the road for him, but he’s already took an absolutely huge step.

We all knew he had the talent, but we didn’t understand why it wasn’t being utilised. If he can become happy again, we’ll see the old player.

He's done a few weeks in rehab and got some things out in the open. There may be more, there may not be and it's not really something any of us are entitled to know. But at the moment these are still the first steps on what hopefully turns out to be the road to recovery but that road may well be longer than the remaining year of his contract.

Hopefully we see the old player again, maybe even better, and if it takes longer to happen than his remaining time at Everton then that's equally great. I'm not entirely comfortable with a few of the shouts about what he might do this coming season. It can inadvertently create a low level expectancy of someone who needs no pressure on him for reasons a lot more important than football.

Mental illness is not a quick fix, plus he has taken sleeping tablets it will take time to shake that off he will have top private help plus our club are brilliant looking after a player - His form was on the wain well before BK did this deal, so Spurs are countable IMO of not giving the true facts - their chairman I am afraid will stick to the deal - Its make or break for him poor soul ..... he may come back as a substitute to gain confidence etc ....

As someone who has had experiences with mental health and trauma its great to see Dele in a better place and getting the help he desperately needs. The only thing i would caution is that he is on a high at moment from the rehab and finally opening up about his issues. However, recovering from trauma dosent happen overnight and its' something he will need to keep working on constantly to keep himself on a straight line. The kind of severe traumas he's suffered take people many years of hard work to recover from, sadly some never fully do. The liklihood that he will just get back on the pitch and start smashing it is fairly remote in my opinion. Nor is it really relevant, i just wish the man well.

A restructure benefits all. No restructure and the lad is shipped out on loan somewhere he doesn’t want to be. Spurs get nothing and we pay half his wages.
I can’t see him agreeing to go somewhere he doesn’t want to be. If he did go out on loan we wouldn’t need Spurs to agree to anything, he’s our player.

He's done a few weeks in rehab and got some things out in the open. There may be more, there may not be and it's not really something any of us are entitled to know. But at the moment these are still the first steps on what hopefully turns out to be the road to recovery but that road may well be longer than the remaining year of his contract.

Hopefully we see the old player again, maybe even better, and if it takes longer to happen than his remaining time at Everton then that's equally great. I'm not entirely comfortable with a few of the shouts about what he might do this coming season. It can inadvertently create a low level expectancy of someone who needs no pressure on him for reasons a lot more important than football.
Aye, I appreciate that. Personally, it’s less to do with an expectancy and instead a genuine and heartfelt hope he can get back to loving the game again.

Yes, we’ll benefit from that, but in all sincerity I hope it’s for his sake. Like I mentioned, there’ll be bumps in the road and it’s only the start of his journey…

… but maybe football can rekindle his love for himself and be an outlet - exercise and setting aims and goals.

To another point, I hope the person who abused him faces the full force of the law, and more!

He’s just come out and talked openly about being molested as a child and that’s what you choose to post ?

Christ.
Well, it was originally going to be a South Park joke about getting his first career medal, but then we don't know if the perp was a woman or not.

200.gif

This.

I just hope the lad can fully recover and have a happy life. If that includes becoming an Everton star, great. If it's at another club or even outside football all together, great.

He said himself that he's had good people around him in the past. Hopefully he's got enough good people in his corner now and in the future.

Mental illness is not a quick fix, plus he has taken sleeping tablets it will take time to shake that off he will have top private help plus our club are brilliant looking after a player - His form was on the wain well before BK did this deal, so Spurs are countable IMO of not giving the true facts - their chairman I am afraid will stick to the deal - Its make or break for him poor soul ..... he may come back as a substitute to gain confidence etc ....
I'm pretty sure we as a club knew of his addiction before we signed him..I did, so there's no way Frank didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.