2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best bet is probably to bring him in for pre-season. Give him a few soft ball interviews on Everton TV or social media. Let him tell the world how he's returning to his best, his hunger for the game returning etc. Just have to hope a Chinese, Saudi or MLS team then come in for him.

I know it's possibly going against the grain, but I have sympathy for him.

Clearly, the choices he's made and people he's listened to have brought him to where he is today, but it's desperately sad when somebody with his ability is on the scrap heap when they should be about to hit their peak years.

There's no point paying up his contract (unless he is willing to sacrifice 50% or more) and it appears his issues are psychological over physical, so it's tough insurance claim to make.

It's hard to have sympathy with a 20 something with 10s of millions to his name for playing decent football for a short time, but I'll bet he's not happy.
I agree.

Extend the loan!

Too much money at a young age I'm guessing. Most of us would do our work at the standard required because we need those paychecks rolling in to live, if we suddenly got paid squillions in a short amount of time we'd lose interest and do the bare minimum because who cares if you get the sack, you've got enough dollars for several lifetimes.

Not just Dele this would happen to either. Barkley, wilshere etc etc

The situation just now is difficult..... we can't play him or it will trigger a payment we don't want to make and can't afford to make.
The chances of a club in a worthwhile league taking him are getting more remote as his performances and his attitude fail to impress.

We are stuck with him for another year, our only hope of a loan or a move is probably the Middle East or maybe the USA , Spurs have zero chance of ever getting any money for him.

If Everton and Spurs could agree to reconfigure the deal to allow him play for us without triggering payment for another number of games and we could agree to a high % sell on fee going back to Spurs in the unlikely event of a sale.
It would allow the player to have a chance of playing with us, we just might be able to us him although that is unlikely and Spurs would have a slim chance of making some money.

It would not be ideal but better than the current situation.

I have to say that personally I have very little sympathy for Deli Ali, he is an extremely talented young man who was given and took the opportunities which were presented to him. He was playing Premier League and international football and being handsomely rewarded. Something has gone terribly wrong, it does appear that he has psychological issues, however he is very rich and can afford the best medical treatment in the world. I am sure both Spurs and Everton have tried to help him, he is a prized asset after all, but it further appears that at this point he doesn’t see the need for help or doesn’t want it. Football teams are in the business of playing football, they cannot be expected to be rehabilitation centres, indeed they are not qualified to be rehabilitation centres. I am all for employers having a duty of care for their staff but in this case my opinion is that to continue to pay this young man serious sums of money to carry on the way he is going is both counterproductive to his welfare and to the club.
I fully realise that my opinion comes from an unqualified position and as one who knows nothing of the facts but the world would be a very quiet place if people only spoke on matters they were knowledgeable about.

…..footballers aren’t immune to having serious problems in life. We’ve seen many cases where the rich and famous aren’t excluded. It’s a sad fact of life.

From Everton’s perspective, we either didn’t do our homework or see the signs that there were issues with this footballer. I have mentioned lots of time that signings and contract extensions should meet a strict set of criteria before we commit millions in spend. That criteria includes injury record and personal problems and protects the club from wasting significant monies on the likes of Alli and Delph.

it’s not rocket science, it’s just good business.

Too much money at a young age I'm guessing. Most of us would do our work at the standard required because we need those paychecks rolling in to live, if we suddenly got paid squillions in a short amount of time we'd lose interest and do the bare minimum because who cares if you get the sack, you've got enough dollars for several lifetimes.

Not just Dele this would happen to either. Barkley, wilshere etc etc
Yet it only applies to some. There's also many examples of young players who manage their wealth. Trust us to end up with a real bad egg.

(P.S. Crossed the Tasman a few weeks ago for a meeting in Cronulla. Great to see the Warriors going well this season and an awesome 2nd half from them this evening).

Yet it only applies to some. There's also many examples of young players who manage their wealth. Trust us to end up with a real bad egg.

(P.S. Crossed the Tasman a few weeks ago for a meeting in Cronulla. Great to see the Warriors going well this season and an awesome 2nd half from them this evening).
Ruined jarrod croker's big night lol

We will try to get someone to take him on loan with us paying maybe half his wages. But if we can't get anyone to have him, we could try to get him fit in the U21s and then use him off the bench for 9 games before the £10m fee kicks in. If he does ok, this might convince someone to take him on loan in January.

We will try to get someone to take him on loan with us paying maybe half his wages. But if we can't get anyone to have him, we could try to get him fit in the U21s and then use him off the bench for 9 games before the £10m fee kicks in. If he does ok, this might convince someone to take him on loan in January.

Good idea in theory but I can’t imagine Dyche will want him anywhere near the first team squad in training.

A loan stint at Forest Green is an idea worth considering.

….problem is, a club has got to want him & he needs to agree a loan.

I think we’ve been stitched up like a right kipper by Spurs & it’s symptomatic how our club has been run. Fortunately, it looks as though we won’t be parting with any significant transfer fee although his salary alone will be considerable. Wouldn’t be surprised if we are trying to agree a pay-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.