2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete mess of a signing.

If Dele Alli plays in 7 more league games for us, we owe Spurs £10m.

If he digs his feet in and stays put, we'll basically be paying him ~£5m in wages to make a half-dozen appearances (plus cup games). If another club was willing to take him, we'll likely still be on the hook for at least half of what he is contractually owed.

Another transfer masterclass.

If he digs his feet in and stays put, we'll basically be paying him ~£5m in wages to make a half-dozen appearances (plus cup games). If another club was willing to take him, we'll likely still be on the hook for at least half of what he is contractually owed.

If it’s true that Lampard signed him on the advice of Harry Redknapp who hasn’t worked in football about 10 years, then we should be able to sue him for damages caused by incompetence.

If it’s true that Lampard signed him on the advice of Harry Redknapp who hasn’t worked in football about 10 years, then we should be able to sue him for damages caused by incompetence.
I get what your saying but doesn't every manager at the top level believe they will be "the one" to turn a player around? Ravel Morrison has had a dozen clubs in a dozen years because someone always thinks they'll "unlock" the talent. I can understand FL bringing him in - he was techincally free after all, and the window was about to close. The mind-boggler for me is Siggurdson was about a year away from coming off the books at ~£100k a week when we were in a financial mess, then some genius at the club put Dele Alli on the books at a similar figure (thats on the board thinking it was a good idea).

I get what your saying but doesn't every manager at the top level believe they will be "the one" to turn a player around? Ravel Morrison has had a dozen clubs in a dozen years because someone always thinks they'll "unlock" the talent. I can understand FL bringing him in - he was techincally free after all, and the window was about to close. The mind-boggler for me is Siggurdson was about a year away from coming off the books at ~£100k a week when we were in a financial mess, then some genius at the club put Dele Alli on the books at a similar figure (thats on the board thinking it was a good idea).
Any competent Chairman would have looked at this deal and said no.
Any competent Chairman would have looked at the Delph deal and said no.
Any competent Chairman would have looked at the Sandro deal and said no.
Any competent Chairman would have looked at the Naisse deal and said no.
Any competent Chairman would have looked at the Van du Beek deal and said no.
Anyone see a common denominator.

I can see Richarlison following his path. A clean cut boy now starting to get ridiculous tattoos and not performing as well.
Dele was one of the worst signings.
Aye - ridiculous tattoos will surely kill a career...

tattoos.jpg

If someone like levy is offering you a deal at no upfront cost smell the coffee. Biggest dopes in the transfer market we are

11 players released from the club today, but they didn't send Dele back. Cheers numpty Bill.
I don’t think it’s as easy to send him back with the deal he’s been signed on to. If it was that easy he’d have surely been shipped off long ago.
Not worth a punt on trying to sort him out this year. The negativity he’d cause at FF and his impact on the younger players isn’t worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.