2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fb6voIEWIAI99PC.jpeg

Any goodwill he had at ours has suddenly evaporated.

Are we going to be lumbered with him next season then?
No. He'll be sent out on loan again and his contract expires at the end of next season. I doubt he'll play enough games to trigger any payment clauses but we may have to cover some of his salary. Not sure how much we are paying him tbh. But financially speaking, nowhere near the worst deal we've done in recent years and it could have paid off if he got his form back.

No. He'll be sent out on loan again and his contract expires at the end of next season. I doubt he'll play enough games to trigger any payment clauses but we may have to cover some of his salary. Not sure how much we are paying him tbh. But financially speaking, nowhere near the worst deal we've done in recent years and it could have paid off if he got his form back.
It was a bit of a stupid deal for a player who lost his way years ago, Levy saw Kenwright coming a mile off, I mean it's Dele Alli he is hardly going to be on £20k a week is he.

It was a bit of a stupid deal for a player who lost his way years ago, Levy saw Kenwright coming a mile off, I mean it's Dele Alli he is hardly going to be on £20k a week is he.
Actually we’ve done Spurs over on this by shifting him out on loan while under the threshold for the first payment they were due, we could effectively let him go for nothing in the summer and have it cost nothing in transfer fee

Actually we’ve done Spurs over on this by shifting him out on loan while under the threshold for the first payment they were due, we could effectively let him go for nothing in the summer and have it cost nothing in transfer fee

We haven’t done them over really though have we because they’ve still got rid of 100% of his wages.

We haven’t done them over really though have we because they’ve still got rid of 100% of his wages.
And we’ve only paid what? Six, seven months of his wage on a 2-3 year deal?

It’s not worked out but this is probably one of the better resolved deals we’ve done in recent years imo

Status
Not open for further replies.