2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 facilitating deals, El Ghazi onto our books to allow for Digne's sale, Alli onto our books to make way for Richarlison's sale. Someone very stupid indeed stitched these deals together. Shambles!
Said at the time Richarlson was gone once Ali came in. Amazing more has not been made this. Kenwright is correct when he says of others. Lets ask Everton they do the right thing.

The way the deal is structured with Spurs, I think we have to pay them £10m if he plays 20 games, I think he has played about 14 so far. I cant see us wanting to play him pay that money, considering we are under so much financial pressure. I think if he gets fit we will be looking to loan him out and get someone to pay part of his wages.

I also dont see him as a "dyche" style player long term, even when Dele was playing well, his defensive work was minimal.

The way the deal is structured with Spurs, I think we have to pay them £10m if he plays 20 games, I think he has played about 14 so far. I cant see us wanting to play him pay that money, considering we are under so much financial pressure. I think if he gets fit we will be looking to loan him out and get someone to pay part of his wages.

I also dont see him as a "dyche" style player long term, even when Dele was playing well, his defensive work was minimal.
Mutual consent. Free transfer.

Mutual consent. Free transfer.

He is on over £5m a year, with another year to go. I think we would have to pay him off, or more likely, find someone to loan him to who would cover part of that cost for the season and take a "gamble" on him sorting his body and mind out.

Has anyone got any proof of this deal? Seems a very odd one to me if we owe 10m after 20 games that could add up to no more than 120 minutes of football.

Surely the deal has to be starts. No club in their right mind would agree to the rumoured deal. Oh wait........

Has anyone got any proof of this deal? Seems a very odd one to me if we owe 10m after 20 games that could add up to no more than 120 minutes of football.

Surely the deal has to be starts. No club in their right mind would agree to the rumoured deal. Oh wait........
Its probably not true but silly Billy will be confused with the newspaper rumors and just send 10mill over to Levy with a memo “we owe you”

The club do need to find a solution to the problem of Alli. He's never going to play for us again and we just need to let the contract expire hopefully with a sale (highly unlikely) or a loan (maybe one of the promoted sides will take a chance).

Was a gamble and turned out to be a bad one. What irks me is that the money spent on fees and wages for the likes Maupay, Rondon, Alli and El Ghazi could have been spent so much better. I'm not sure that more than a handful of fans would have supported any of these recruits.

My understanding from what I read was that we paid nothing to sign him in January, because we could not sign another player on loan. But we were in a position where we couldn't sign him for a fee, so we essentially took over his contract and paying him over 5m a year and said we would pay up to 40m for him, but would only pay the first payment in the next season, so the 20 games was put in because we were over midway in the season and were not going to pay it that season. There is a mention of it in the last paragraph of the article below.

Not quite as straightforward as that mate. It was a 2 year loan but because we loaned him to Besiktas for a season, the loan terms were passed to them so if he played 20 games for them they had to pay Spurs 10m. So Besiktas sent him back to us but now Everton are saying to Spurs we want to renegotiate as Besiktas took on the terms from us

From my knowledge, Everton want to buy him from Spurs for 1.5m every 5 games with an option to send him back after every 5 games or loan him back to Besiktas for the last season where we get 5m off Besiktas and 5m from Spurs for arranging the deal.
You are forgetting that we have an option to extend this to a 3 year loan, which BK has already taken up the option for. As Besiktas retain the players rights for this season and he can't play for us, despite the fact that Everton have signalled to both Spurs and Besiktas that we want to negotiate a reciprocated loan deal in which Besiktas have to pay a reduced rate of shared fees for every ten games he plays for us next season. The 20 million for each 20 games up to 40 million is therefore split between the Turkish club and us - that rate is fixed now.

But the bottom line is this. We'll have the last laugh when he goes back to Spurs and the end of next season.

You are forgetting that we have an option to extend this to a 3 year loan, which BK has already taken up the option for. As Besiktas retain the players rights for this season and he can't play for us, despite the fact that Everton have signalled to both Spurs and Besiktas that we want to negotiate a reciprocated loan deal in which Besiktas have to pay a reduced rate of shared fees for every ten games he plays for us next season. The 20 million for each 20 games up to 40 million is therefore split between the Turkish club and us - that rate is fixed now.

But the bottom line is this. We'll have the last laugh when he goes back to Spurs and the end of next season.

Good post cocklord but if you read the bit i have put in bold - The minute they sent him back so as not to trigger the 10m fee owed to us for 20 appearances, was the minute they wavered the players rights for this season and that in turn triggered his image rights and a % owed to MK Don's (their rs manager confirmed this on SSN 2 weeks ago) was then passed onto Spurs (owe 6m to MK Dons) and us ( 500k owed to Farhad Moshiri Modelling Agency Ltd ) and Besiktas ( 3,000lira )

Spot on up until that point though, but everything past that is just rumour mate

Status
Not open for further replies.