2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must really be missing something here. What exactly did he do wrong or his attitude?

I just think these are weird takes and assumptions
Same. He came on when we were playing rubbish and then spent a large portion of that with us down to ten.

Yeah he’s not the player he was - if that was the case he’d be nowhere near here. From what I’ve seen though his main attribute is making those runs into the box which we are desperately lacking atm - I think we have to give him a few starts to see if it clicks for him. Stick him in a 451/433 just off the striker.

Same. He came on when we were playing rubbish and then spent a large portion of that with us down to ten.

Yeah he’s not the player he was - if that was the case he’d be nowhere near here. From what I’ve seen though his main attribute is making those runs into the box which we are desperately lacking atm - I think we have to give him a few starts to see if it clicks for him. Stick him in a 451/433 just off the striker.
Agreed

I was sat Top Balcony and what I was honestly saw

Was him making runs (which no one did all game bar Richy)

He offered himself in midfield and played a few good 1-2s. The weight of his passes btw actually correct, so many of our players over or under hit passes, it's embarrassing

No one threatened the goal? Richarlison had 1 2 shots in 90 minutes, one wide of the goal.

I just think people are jumping on Dele because they're angry about the current state of the club
I agree I normally sit in the Gwladys st but my mate had season tickets available for the Joe Mercer suite so I watched the game from a different position and admitedly he lost a few 50/50 balls but he did give something a bit different which I might of missed from where I normally sit. It’s a tough call. But he way we played today would have been more suited to an away performance. I think or more hope we will get over the line. The lads where gutted today but they need to fight back. There is no room for passengers now

I agree I normally sit in the Gwladys st but my mate had season tickets available for the Joe Mercer suite so I watched the game from a different position and admitedly he lost a few 50/50 balls but he did give something a bit different which I might of missed from where I normally sit. It’s a tough call. But he way we played today would have been more suited to an away performance. I think or more hope we will get over the line. The lads where gutted today but they need to fight back. There is no room for passengers now
We've seen the same people all season, let's give him a full 90.

I was just never a fan. Something has always been off about him. The talent is there- but that is 10 percent of the equation
I’d say talent is 90% of the equation and application is the 10%. The club took a punt for free as he has shown just how good he can be in his early years, he was absolutely mustard and the type of quality player Everton haven’t seen for years. I’m not sure if it will work out for him here as he is in a side that has been allergic to the football for 18 months but I think we all better hope he starts getting his mojo back because the severe lack of quality in the squad is putrid

I think he should start vs Newcastle. I share all the same reservations but he offers something different. He made a great run off the ball towards the end. Yes his first touch let him down and he was offside because the pass was delayed too long, but we need to pose a defence more questions and apart from Gordon, there's not much coming from midfield. Gray is still making his way back from injury.

I’d say talent is 90% of the equation and application is the 10%. The club took a punt for free as he has shown just how good he can be in his early years, he was absolutely mustard and the type of quality player Everton haven’t seen for years. I’m not sure if it will work out for him here as he is in a side that has been allergic to the football for 18 months but I think we all better hope he starts getting his mojo back because the severe lack of quality in the squad is putrid
That's the thing... We desperately need him to come good. May as well throw him in at the start

That's the thing... We desperately need him to come good. May as well throw him in at the start
There’s no room for him if we keep having to play 5 across the back. I think he’d be effective behind a striker in a 451, we have to flood midfield now especially if we are going to persist with trying to play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.