2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
shocking last night. I know he came on to a team that was playing terrible, but if i went back to my former employers id be busting a guy to show them their mistake letting me go. Looked like he couldnt be bothered

Am i right that we only pay for him after 20 games, in that case get rid at the end of the season, up or down
I'm sure that's what he was thinking mate.

Could see how eager he was to get on and make up the 5 goal deficit......

Paid attention to his movement once he was on as people always bang on about his off the ball movement. He passed the ball, slid away from his marker and ran to the penalty spot waiting for a decent cross, trying to create an overload. He clearly has the brain. I won't right him off yet. Let's see what he can do when he gets some service/players around him who have half a desire to win a game.

He might not be the player he was, but surely he has more pedigree than some of the dross surrounding him?

I'm sure that's what he was thinking mate.

Could see how eager he was to get on and make up the 5 goal deficit......

Paid attention to his movement once he was on as people always bang on about his off the ball movement. He passed the ball, slid away from his marker and ran to the penalty spot waiting for a decent cross, trying to create an overload. He clearly has the brain. I won't right him off yet. Let's see what he can do when he gets some service/players around him who have half a desire to win a game.

He might not be the player he was, but surely he has more pedigree than some of the dross surrounding him?
Id start him in the next 2 games behind Gordon, gray and Richarlison. Not sure who I’d play as the 2 Centre mids behind them, but that’s what I would do.
And away drop one of the front 3 for another centre back

It's been a long time since a new Everton signing hit the ground running and made an immediate positive impact. It's what we badly need, but it seems we recruit badly, slowly replace the poor recruits, and then recruit even more badly.

El Ghazi, Patterson, Mykolenko, Van De Beek, and Alli - not one of them has made an instant improvement to our squad. You can't expect five out of five - or even three out of five as people need time to settle, but is one really too much to ask for?

It's been a long time since a new Everton signing hit the ground running and made an immediate positive impact. It's what we badly need, but it seems we recruit badly, slowly replace the poor recruits, and then recruit even more badly.

El Ghazi, Patterson, Mykolenko, Van De Beek, and Alli - not one of them has made an instant improvement to our squad. You can't expect five out of five - or even three out of five as people need time to settle, but is one really too much to ask for?

Said it before, but like El Ghazi, Alli and Patterson just seem mad. We desperately needed another CB and defensive mid. Instead of wasting a loan space, mad wages and 12m on a player we don't even use.

Absolutely this. Newcastle got a dominant centre half, a solid Prem level left back and a hard working striker. (As well as the money buying Trippier and Bruno)

Burnley brought in a giant proven striker.

We brought in 2 out of form number 10’s, 2 completely untried full backs and a 6th choice winger.

We are in a bare knuckle scrap and we were too concerned how our shadow boxing looks.

We signed a player who more than proved he had a [Poor language removed] attitude and work rate at Spurs and expected he’d be of benefit to a relegation fight. Genius.

We are in a bare knuckle scrap and we were too concerned how our shadow boxing looks.
We've been too self-regarding for years: style over content.

I believe Everton should play a certain way - with flair, energy, fight, and no little skill. But there are times when pragmatism must win out. We are too concerned with our notional "school of science" tradition despite the fact that fans of most clubs would never equate Everton with good football unless they actively followed the game in the 1960s or 1980s. Needs must. Horses for courses. I'll take a good dog over a powder-puff flair player anyday - but especially in a relegation fight. Give me Barry Horne over Peter Beagrie every single time. The really good flair players fight as well as play. We don't tend to buy those, though...

James rodriguez brings more to the team walking and half fit that this guy will ever give us...only good thing I have seen from him was the pass to Rondon a couple of weeks ago...last night he came on fresh and yet incapable of chasing the spurs midfielders.

Feels like the definition of a luxury player at this point. Still think he could do a job, but this wasn't the kind of signing we needed to be making in January to bolster us in the relegation battle. Hope he proves me wrong and starts banging them in. Think he's theoretically capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.