2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, the whole team had given up and were sitting deep trying to keep it down to five!
See his sub appearances previously where he pressed hard and helped the team - judging him off today is ridiculous!

Fair comment must be horrible coming off the bench against your old team when you are 5-0 down, cheers Frank lol

Came on and Spurs players were walking past him after 5 minutes. Embarrassing.
If we expecting a player like Dele Alli to come on and run all over the place we are doing things wrong.

Play to players strengths, get the ball to him in and around the box and let him do his thing. He doesn't need to be a workhorse.

If we expecting a player like Dele Alli to come on and run all over the place we are doing things wrong.

Play to players strengths, get the ball to him in and around the box and let him do his thing. He doesn't need to be a workhorse.
I expect any player to put on the shirt to work hard and to try mate to be honest.

Think he played too deep, must be higher up the pitch to make a difference for me, but wrong game to judge a late sub on for me.

I agree but I’ve actually been quite impressed with how he presses from the front in general - today wasn’t the day though, even Richarlison and Gordon had stopped working and I’ve never seen them give up

Unfortunately, we're so bad that all 11 players have to be workhorses atm. We can't carry players off the ball in the hope they do something good on it. All hands to the pump for the rest of the season

Man City do it, Spurs did it tonight and that is to use the full width of the pitch. When we have our full backs tucking in narrow it just leaves space for the opposition to exploit. Kanes volley was because Coleman ran into the middle while Gordon showed no interest in getting back to cover the space that Kane just walked into

We are in a mess, can’t create anything - you might as well play him and hope something clicks.

I expect any player to put on the shirt to work hard and to try mate to be honest.
Some attackers do their hardwork when attacking. Yakubu would do nothing until the ball came near him around the box and then he would come alive. Rodriguez wouldn't bomb around throwing in tackles etc but he would always show for the ball and never shirk that responsibility. It's all about playing to a players strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.