2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't done anything for 2 seasons when Spurs were challenging for Europe, and now we expect him to be in for a relegation battle? He should never be brought on again.

Couldn't understand the Dele signing at the time, can't understand it now or since. Not someone to rely on in a fight.

As we pay a fee based upon appearances I assume he won't play a game next season if we drop. Selling him would be the best option even if it's small fee.

Will anyone take on his wages? I could see us being stuck with a player on huge wages that we can’t play because it’ll trigger payments and further damage our financial situation. It was a strange signing from a footballing perspective and an even stranger deal financially.

Not someone to rely on in a normal season either :/ guy's a clown, always has been, can pull off the spectacular on occasion, occasion is never enough
I remember when he was hyped - in both games we played against them (I don't remember the year exactly, but probably between '13 and '15) and a few others I caught (gf at the time's brother was a Spurs fan) he was extremely unimpressive. But then he'd score a worldie out of his arse and everyone fawned over that, not the fact he was horrible for the previous 5 games...

I don't understand the transfer and I hope he at least performs to an extent ffs.

This all day, i found the sub very strange.

Like it was all for the spurs fans to give us a nice head-pat, he must have felt awful.

I think Lampard wants to see him do something before giving him a starting role. It's not an ideal situation to come on in but he could've put far more effort in than he did.

I think Lampard wants to see him do something before giving him a starting role. It's not an ideal situation to come on in but he could've put far more effort in than he did.

Well sticking him on at a full ground against his ex-teammates for 6/7 years wont do that at all, it never ever works, especially when the game is completely gone.

No player in the world would do much in that situation.

I'd play him for a few games against lesser opponents (than Man City, Spurs etc).

I know everyone thinks Gordon has been out best player for the last few months, but the fact remains, we've done absolutely nothing with him in the side. His work rate is decent, but I just don't think his output on the ball is all that great. Certainly out wide. He seems to be quick, but hardly ever beats anyone for pace, and Ive rarely seen him go past anyone with dribbling. He underhits a lot of passes/crosses, and his shooting needs a lot of work. Again, not taking anything away from his effort and how much he cares/tries, but for someone who is a mainstay in the side at this point and still has a similar overall contribution to Iwobi, I think the general over the top exclamations of his brilliance are little premature.

Similarly, Doucoure, is a massive conundrum, because we miss his presence and energy when he's not there, but his effectiveness on the ball is really poor.

If Gray is fully fit, I'd like to see him, Richarlison and Dele behind DCL, with Allan and VDB in the centre.

The defence will be what it is, I honestly don't think there's much we can do to change that up given the options, but I'd certainly be interested to give Patterson a go, if for nothing more than some pace and mobility. Coleman is finished. Without Mina, it appears to be any 4 that are fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.