Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did'nt want Lampard but anyone but Benitez is an improvement. Davek would be an improvement over a bloke with one victory in 16 games.

And what does Frank do - goes outs and gets the clothes peg, and The Sun's wag-master that is Deli Ali.
A number of Spurs managers have tried it with Deli Ali but all gave up. D-A has bulked up, slowed up and is
no longer a threat. A big ego who has limited talent - he will be an ideal cards partner for Iwobi and Delph.

Does anyone think that Moyes would have got D-A? No, he would have got a hungry bloke with lots of upside
not a bloke with more pics with slappers than pics of his goals.

I hope I am wrong.
I am very optimistic about Lampard and, for whatever reason, Dele Alli has been rumoured to be a target for us since Friday, when Lampard was offered the job. His uncle 'Arry' alluded to it as well early yesterday morning, Lampard obviously sees something there that he likes. The way he deal is structured he comes with very little risk, so, welcome Dele, even if you don't get back to your best, you are better than Iwobi.

I did'nt want Lampard but anyone but Benitez is an improvement. Davek would be an improvement over a bloke with one victory in 16 games.

And what does Frank do - goes outs and gets the clothes peg, and The Sun's wag-master that is Deli Ali.
A number of Spurs managers have tried it with Deli Ali but all gave up. D-A has bulked up, slowed up and is
no longer a threat. A big ego who has limited talent - he will be an ideal cards partner for Iwobi and Delph.

Does anyone think that Moyes would have got D-A? No, he would have got a hungry bloke with lots of upside

I hope I am wrong.
Bore off and let some of us have a little happiness and optimism. You obviously are a glass half empty person. I’m a glass half full guy and I’m going to enjoy a little joy while I can after what has been an abysmal season so far. Let’s look up and support and not put down before a ball has been kicked.
COYB

If it’s fair to say Alli and VDB both need to play as a 10 to get the best out of them, what formation will we now be playing?

A fair point.
But if Frank goes with a 4-3-3, then we will probably not play with a conventional #10.

I am just pleased we have a stronger squad than a day ago!
Our midfield has been woeful and now we might have a shout.

Strange isn't it we've not played a game for over a week and i feel more optimistic than I've felt for ages about the direction of the club. At least you can see with the two incomings that lampard identified our weak midfield as one that really needed some extra quality. For someone just coming into the club that impressed me (i may be easily impressed but still good work for me).

Strange isn't it we've not played a game for over a week and i feel more optimistic than I've felt for ages about the direction of the club. At least you can see with the two incomings that lampard identified our weak midfield as one that really needed some extra quality. For someone just coming into the club that impressed me (i may be easily impressed but still good work for me).

Be nice to know if Frank had watched Everton much this season.

It would only take a game or two to realise our midfield was utter cack!

This is the important bit ;)

I hope I am wrong.
Lampard is first to admit he had to train harder than his contemporaries as player to be the player he was. Ali is certainly gifted given his meteoric rise but for reasons has lost his way. Think it's a sensible gamble given the signing manager reputation and Ali's contract lengh.

Status
Not open for further replies.