Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like I said yesterday I’m quite happy with this deal under Lampard; not under the kopite.

Lampard was the GOAT of goal scoring midfielders and he’ll be able to coach Alli even more.

Alli has seemed to struggle under defence minded coaches (as my issue with fat Benny buying him) but under an attack minded manager, new surroundings and a bit of fire in his belly then this could work out as a fantastic purchase

I’ve been thinking about this since yesterday. I’m hopeful for both signings but not getting to excited about them. Really don’t see how they fit into the same team. Feels like people are getting caught up in the excitement of the day, in the cold light of a couple of months down the road people are going to be saying this is like the year we signed 3 number 10s in one window when other areas of the team needed attention
Prettay prettay spot on. You could argue with richy we now have 4 number 10s again.

I am sure that some of the bonuses will be linked to Dele playing for England as well. International caps is a clause that often goes into contracts as it implies the player is performing well and also market value is higher for an England international. Dele Alli in the form that saw him play for England in the past is a steal at £40 million but there are lot's of questions over whether he can recapture that kind of form.

£150k according to the local journos in London. Think that probably includes appearance money etc though

I suspect we have simply matched the contract he was on at Spurs as he had 2.5 years left on it.
Yep, I doubt we'll be paying him £150k though... like you said, likely a lot of other things factored into that. Spurs have a pretty tight wage structure

Status
Not open for further replies.