Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
All for this. Think Mourinho ruined him in that Amazon documentary. Nuno was another dour character who was hardly going 5o lift him and Conte is probably too aggressive in character. Needs an 'arm round yer shoulder' kind of manager which I think Frank could be. Phenomenal stats prior to Mourinho and heir apparent to Lampard with England.. If anyone can get a tune, Frank will...

It just feels like we are never going to learn

The lad is earning somewhere in the region of £150k per week - we'll presumably hand him at least a 4 year contract. He isn't going to come here to take a pay cut. The warning signs are all there for everyone to see. He's been on the wane for a while.

If he bombs (and let's face it, given all the red flags, it's a distinct possibility), we are going to struggle to shift him and we will yet again be left saddled with a player that nobody wants to even take a punt on because he's sat on a massive contract. Spurs have that exact problem right now and we are talking about taking that problem off their hands and it making it our problem.

I can understand why Lampard might fancy his chances at getting a tune out of him, but someone at the club should be screaming "Sigurdsson, Tosun, Iwobi, Bolasie, Walcott" at the tops of their voices and trying to remind everyone how we ended up in this FFP nightmare in the first place

I just don't know what to say anymore

It just feels like we are never going to learn

The lad is earning somewhere in the region of £150k per week - we'll presumably hand him at least a 4 year contract. He isn't going to come here to take a pay cut. The warning signs are all there for everyone to see. He's been on the wane for a while.

If he bombs (and let's face it, given all the red flags, it's a distinct possibility), we are going to struggle to shift him and we will yet again be left saddled with a player that nobody wants to even take a punt on because he's sat on a massive contract. Spurs have that exact problem right now and we are talking about taking that problem off their hands and it making it our problem.

I can understand why Lampard might fancy his chances at getting a tune out of him, but someone at the club should be screaming "Sigurdsson, Tosun, Iwobi, Bolasie, Walcott" at the tops of their voices and trying to remind everyone how we ended up in this FFP nightmare in the first place

I just don't know what to say anymore

Hope not 3 at best.

Come end of February we could be out of the position we find ourselves in, admittedly, it could be worse, but if a good opportunity presents itself and it suits all parties, thats not a reason for not taking it up.

I see it as a risk to be honest. Although whoever was to take Alli would be taking a risk. It could go really really right for the next club, or it could be pretty disastrous. He's a talented lad but we've not seen it for a long time now.

He fits the bill of what we need on paper. 25yo, highly skilled attack minded midfielder.
My big worry is his consistency. He can be a match winner on his day, but it’s no good if that day is only once every 10 matches.

Could be the making of him IF Lampard can get him playing consistently.

A potentially very high risk/high reward signing if it’s a permanent deal.

Absolutely destroyed Man U in the cup when he was at MK Dons. And got off to a tremendous start at Spurs.

IF that sort of player can be rediscovered, then "no-brainer" but ...... where does he fit in to the existing players/team shape esp if the Beek comes on board

I hope this one breaks down.

He’s been badly out of form for quite sometime.

Jose wasn’t a fan of his… thought he was a lazy, complacent so and so.

Can't see it happening because it would be stupid to pay the money Spurs would want, he would bring a bit more guile to the centre midfield though - IF he can rediscover his form. I would rather just pay Juve half of Ramsey's wages for the season, if he stays fit he will do more and would block Newcastle from getting him.

I hope this one breaks down.

He’s been badly out of form for quite sometime.

Jose wasn’t a fan of his… thought he was a lazy, complacent so and so.
I'm also of the opinion that this is too big a risk for us.

But this isn't a reason not to sign someone anymore. Jose has got a lot wrong over the years and isn't a top manager anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.