Defensive Midfield and the 4-5-1 formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
We need a defensive midfielder, and it's so obvious our best formation is the 4-5-1.

Fellaini or Osman are no deep playing midfielders, infact i don't really know what position Fellaini is suited to. Maybe the bench, i'm not sure.

We need a defensive midfielder, without a doubt about it. It's so obvious to see. Our midfielders are restricted when attacking because they know they have absolutely no cover because Osman and Fellaini have the positional sense of dogs.

Oh and the 4-4-2 is [Poor language removed] for us, always has been.

4-5-1 is the way forward.

Castillo and Rodwell. Both not played - with an injured Fellaini getting on the team sheet. Most Everton fans know that we need a defensive mid - with none of our midfield helping out in defence...but Moyes doesnt know that.

Can't be doing with Castillo, he did the one thing which brings shame to Everton Football Club, he shot from outside the box.

Nah he just has the positioning of a dog, sadly.

Although i defo want him to play infront of Fellaini.

We need a defensive midfielder, and it's so obvious our best formation is the 4-5-1.

Fellaini or Osman are no deep playing midfielders, infact i don't really know what position Fellaini is suited to. Maybe the bench, i'm not sure.

We need a defensive midfielder, without a doubt about it. It's so obvious to see. Our midfielders are restricted when attacking because they know they have absolutely no cover because Osman and Fellaini have the positional sense of dogs.

Oh and the 4-4-2 is [Poor language removed] for us, always has been.

4-5-1 is the way forward.

Agreed mate in everything except the fellini comment its been apparent for 14 games in the leauge and three Yoyo and cup.

Its not getting any better, to make atermole and brown look like they should be playing for Brazil is simply not on.

Stevie Wonder actaully said to me the other day we need a defensive midfeilder.

Ah well cheer up, we only stated the other day we have feck all money to spend in January :D

Hoofball me up.

Give Castillo or Rodwell a go. That's the only short term answer.

4-5-1 is just a thing Evertonians revert to when we lose. It's not even 4-5-1 for [Poor language removed] sake, it's 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 depending on the game.

This supposed 4-5-1 (4-4-2 with Cahill pretending he's a striker) has already proven that it doesn't work. Do we not remember the Liege and Fulham games where we where overrun despite having this supposed extra midfielder in there.

The truth is we don't have a good midfield, we never have under David Moyes. We are one dimensional and one paced, that's just how it is.

Im entering the Castillo camp, heads need to roll after that performence.

The need for a defensive midfeilder is glaring, bloody Wigan playing like Brazil on the edge of our box, i dont care if we are skint, id take hammnan on loan form city in Jan, just a body in there whol slow down teams obn the break we just cant cope with it.

Im entering the Castillo camp, heads need to roll after that performence.

The need for a defensive midfeilder is glaring, bloody Wigan playing like Brazil on the edge of our box, i dont care if we are skint, id take hammnan on loan form city in Jan, just a body in there whol slow down teams obn the break we just cant cope with it.

Spot on. Will be interesting to see the next starting lineup.

Nah he just has the positioning of a dog, sadly.

Although i defo want him to play infront of Fellaini.

He was getting accustomed to the league.

And the game he had a shocker on was the Carling Cup (his last match by the way) when the center of midfield looked like this.

Rodwell Castillo
Fellaini

I've liked the look of Castillo big time, more than Fellaini.

Castillo in. In now. In training. In, in, in. A new approach is required for the Spuds match. We are treading water with the current midfield... barely.

Status
Not open for further replies.