2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once we beat Watford and then have enough points to be safe, we will beat Watford because Fat Sam said we will be fully focuses after the jolly to the sun. Isn't Dubai Fat Sam's favourite holiday spot.
Once we are safe then hopefully the Fat one will switch tactics and allow the likes of Klassen and Tosun some games to see if they can adapt.
I wouldn't bet on it.

Lets hope our players do not go round stealing taxis, if they do in Dubai will be locked up for months before trial!!!lol

Once we beat Watford and then have enough points to be safe, we will beat Watford because Fat Sam said we will be fully focuses after the jolly to the sun. Isn't Dubai Fat Sam's favourite holiday spot.
Once we are safe then hopefully the Fat one will switch tactics and allow the likes of Klassen and Tosun some games to see if they can adapt.
I wouldn't bet on it.
This reads like verbal diarrhoea.

Unfortunately it fits a pattern of Dutch players not making it in the Prem of recent years.

Van Dyke is an obvious exception. Daly Blind is decent too. Van Arnholt is steady but been here a decade.

Van Wolfswinkel - deadly in Holland, scored one over here for Norwich. Against us, typically.

Leroy Fer - you could argue he's stuck around. He's also constantly getting relegated / fighting relegation.

Jordy Classie- tore up trees at Saints.

Martins Indi - my Stoke supporting friends would prefer Mangala.

Van is Parrra- Huddersfield, meh.

Propper- Brighton, meh.

Notable too that the Dutch National team is hideous too at the moment. The Belgians are streets ahead. Arguably just a fallow period for their national talent pool?

According to many in the Netherlands (especially at Ajax), the lack of talent is caused by a flawed way of training youth players that was prevalent at most clubs and the football federation throughout the end of the '90s and during the 2000-2010 era. It is referred to as the method of Louis van Gaal, which focuses on the team and trains players to be, most of all, team players. As opposed to the method of Johan Cruijff, which centres around the brilliant individual and looks to advance technical capabilities and adventurous play.

We've had the "revolution" in 2011 in which Cruijff-minded people took over and reorganized the club to his ideas. The end result? It still sucks and youth players are nothing special overall (with some exceptions here and there). I think modern kids are way too spoiled and spend too much time on computers, phones & what not. The days of children playing outside and playing soccer all day are mostly over. We are doomed I am afraid.

According to many in the Netherlands (especially at Ajax), the lack of talent is caused by a flawed way of training youth players that was prevalent at most clubs and the football federation throughout the end of the '90s and during the 2000-2010 era. It is referred to as the method of Louis van Gaal, which focuses on the team and trains players to be, most of all, team players. As opposed to the method of Johan Cruijff, which centres around the brilliant individual and looks to advance technical capabilities and adventurous play.

We've had the "revolution" in 2011 in which Cruijff-minded people took over and reorganized the club to his ideas. The end result? It still sucks and youth players are nothing special overall (with some exceptions here and there). I think modern kids are way too spoiled and spend too much time on computers, phones & what not. The days of children playing outside and playing soccer all day are mostly over. We are doomed I am afraid.

That's sad to hear. The Netherlands produced son fabulous individual players and great teams over the years. But perhaps it's not all over? Your neighbours Belgian are arguably less well resourced but have produced a top set of players recently.

Equally, Germany hit a similar low patch but regrouped. Admittedly they have a much larger population and wealthier fa.

That's sad to hear. The Netherlands produced son fabulous individual players and great teams over the years. But perhaps it's not all over? Your neighbours Belgian are arguably less well resourced but have produced a top set of players recently.

Equally, Germany hit a similar low patch but regrouped. Admittedly they have a much larger population and wealthier fa.

i wouldnt worry to much, ajax is riddled with young talent. 24 is old at ajax.

and after watching a few bundesliga games recentley we should be starting there. football is nearly exactly the same as the prem. good football with some young stars

and after watching a few bundesliga games recentley we should be starting there. football is nearly exactly the same as the prem. good football with some young stars
Been saying that for years. The Bundesliga is where we should be focusing on. The players are really more technically superior to English players, almost all of them can speak English fluently etc. It's weird, when Spain won the World Cup, there was a huge amount of 'WE NEED SPANISH PLAYERS IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!" going on. Germany wins the World Cup? *crickets*

Was watching the Gladbach v Dortmund game yesterday and Gladbach had about 20 shots on target and none of them troubled the GK. Stindl was utterly rank, and he gets a game for Germany!

Agree overall though. I like the look of Julian Weigl at Dortmund and he could be the new superstar out of that league. City already sniffing around for next season.

Reactions: dav

Was working with a load of Dutch over the summer, they all seemed to rate him. Some were even feyenord fans. Who knows, remember Eriksen never really shone in his first season at Spurs.

Was working with a load of Dutch over the summer, they all seemed to rate him. Some were even feyenord fans. Who knows, remember Eriksen never really shone in his first season at Spurs.
That's another one of those myths people peddle to make themselves feel better mate. He was Spurs' player of the year in his first season, when he was only 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.