2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be a joke to play Klaasen ahead of Davies.

Davies is in the team for a reason and that reason is because of his high energy pressing game. Any counter attack team needs such traits in full abundance in order to properly execute the game plan.

With Coleman foraging higher up and Rooney playing in midfield, this team needs 2 high energy midfielder to close down all gaps and cover the space left behind by Coleman and the immobility of Rooney. It will be disastrous to play Klaasen and the whole team will lose its shape trying to defend and press. Simply because Klaasen can’t.

Just look at Schneiderlin, didn’t tackle and press enough, lack of movement and forward passing. Klaasen is much less effective.

He’s simply not good enough to replace siggy as a number 10 and also not good enough to compete with Davies, benni and Gana as a high energy box to box midfielder.

He really must try to reinvent his footballing approach to suit this team. Which, until now, he can’t or unwilling.

Davies is in the team for a reason and that reason is because of his high energy pressing game. Any counter attack team needs such traits in full abundance in order to properly execute the game plan.

With Coleman foraging higher up and Rooney playing in midfield, this team needs 2 high energy midfielder to close down all gaps and cover the space left behind by Coleman and the immobility of Rooney. It will be disastrous to play Klaasen and the whole team will lose its shape trying to defend and press. Simply because Klaasen can’t.

Just look at Schneiderlin, didn’t tackle and press enough, lack of movement and forward passing. Klaasen is much less effective.

He’s simply not good enough to replace siggy as a number 10 and also not good enough to compete with Davies, benni and Gana as a high energy box to box midfielder.

He really must try to reinvent his footballing approach to suit this team. Which, until now, he can’t or unwilling.

Totally agreed

I don't think anybody is suggesting we should play Klaassen ahead of Davies.

But what our team lacks is a 'template' - a set-up to work from that means that rotation isn't an issue.

Davies and Klaassen are both box-to-box players. Schneiderlin and Gana are both sitting midfielders. Rooney is the playmaker, as we haven't got anyone else for this position, though Sigurdsson can play that role if we play with two out and out wingers.

My point is that to keep that set-up and template, if Davies picks up a knock, then depending on the opposition it should be Klaassen coming in for him, instead of reverting to two DM's or switching it from a system that has been proven to be effective to one that isn't at all.

I get what you’re saying and obviously as one of infamous ‘number 10s’ that position off the striker is the role he was probably earmarked for.

In terms of what Davies did on Wednesday though, I can’t think of a role less suited to klaassen. Davies had success because he was a bundle of energy, chasing things down, harrying and putting himself about. He was also carrying the ball forward and was willing to put his body on the line to win free kicks etc. Each one of those things is something klaassen has struggled to do since he came over.
I agree, but I also think Klaassen excells at Davis’ weaknesses and the other way around. Davis is a fairly physical player, pressing and throwing his weight around, but his passing and movement of the ball isnt at Klaassens level. If we need a player to quickly move the ball through our midfield to start the attack without hoofing it, Klaassen would be the perfect man for the job. His quick passing game is a notch above our other midfielders. He is also really good at pulling defenders out of position and arriving late to create more goal threats.
Im not saying we should put Klaassen in the team over Davis, but I think he is a better choice for that role against less physical teams. There is a good player in Davy, and I think its unfair to write him off, based on his few apperances for us after seing some of his games for Ajax against tougher opposition than he’s faced while wearing blue.
Too bad we didnt sign him during Martinez first season, I think he would have fittet that system better than Sams(or Koemans).

Davy Klaassen should have prioritised football over money, says Allardyce

Sam Allardyce has said Davy Klaassen should have prioritised football over money when given the chance to kickstart his career at Napoli this week.

The Everton manager claims a deadline day loan move to the Italian title chasers collapsed due to a dispute over Klaassen’s image rights. The £23.6m summer signing has been frozen out under Allardyce, and caretaker manager David Unsworth before him, having made three Premier League starts since his arrival from Ajax. And Allardyce believes the Netherlands international missed an inviting opportunity to play: “It didn’t seem the normal sort of problem to stop a transfer going through.”

He added: “That’s the power of the player with the agent. There is nothing else we can do about that. If I’m sat in that position and have an agent, the agent works for me, not the other way round. For me it would never have been a financial decision. Even if I was losing money I’d be going because I’d want to play football. Davy wants to play football, but whether he got the full story I don’t know. I can’t really speculate much more, other than Davy is disappointed and we are disappointed.”

Allardyce suggested that Napoli’s insistence on owning the midfielder’s image rights, even on a temporary basis, was the root of the problem. “Apparently that’s the norm at that club,” he said. “Whether the image rights are not validated or are taken over by club, I don’t know. It was all down to agent and Napoli really, that was the bottom line.”

Despite being out-of-favour and failing to leave on deadline day, Allardyce insisted Klaassen will not be ostracised from the first team squad. The Everton manager said: “No, because Davy Klaassen doesn’t give you the sort of problems some players do when they’re not involved. He’s a super professional and a super lad, and he comes in and tries his best in training every day. I just think the opportunity for him to go out on loan was missed by everybody that wanted a player of his calibre.”

---

So sick of this fat prick, looks like we won't be seeing Davy given a chance any time soon.

Sam Allardyce has said Davy Klaassen should have prioritised football over money when given the chance to kickstart his career at Napoli this week.

The Everton manager claims a deadline day loan move to the Italian title chasers collapsed due to a dispute over Klaassen’s image rights. The £23.6m summer signing has been frozen out under Allardyce, and caretaker manager David Unsworth before him, having made three Premier League starts since his arrival from Ajax. And Allardyce believes the Netherlands international missed an inviting opportunity to play: “It didn’t seem the normal sort of problem to stop a transfer going through.”

He added: “That’s the power of the player with the agent. There is nothing else we can do about that. If I’m sat in that position and have an agent, the agent works for me, not the other way round. For me it would never have been a financial decision. Even if I was losing money I’d be going because I’d want to play football. Davy wants to play football, but whether he got the full story I don’t know. I can’t really speculate much more, other than Davy is disappointed and we are disappointed.”

Allardyce suggested that Napoli’s insistence on owning the midfielder’s image rights, even on a temporary basis, was the root of the problem. “Apparently that’s the norm at that club,” he said. “Whether the image rights are not validated or are taken over by club, I don’t know. It was all down to agent and Napoli really, that was the bottom line.”

Despite being out-of-favour and failing to leave on deadline day, Allardyce insisted Klaassen will not be ostracised from the first team squad. The Everton manager said: “No, because Davy Klaassen doesn’t give you the sort of problems some players do when they’re not involved. He’s a super professional and a super lad, and he comes in and tries his best in training every day. I just think the opportunity for him to go out on loan was missed by everybody that wanted a player of his calibre.”

---

So sick of this fat prick, looks like we won't be seeing Davy given a chance any time soon.
I dont see what's wrong with what he said there. I don't think he'll stop Klaassen playing just to spite him. But remember unsworth and Koeman didn't play him either because the lad's looked awful every time he's played. A loan would have been great for him.

Begining to see why Holland as a force in International football is where it is at, me myself and I dont appear to working in a team sport. But works alright on my xbox!

Do you really think that if we are to challenge the top 6 or even top 4. Gana and Davies are good enough, because I don’t. Maybe a bit harsh on davies who’s only young, but he will need to improve a lot in the next 2yrs if he is going to be good enough.

It’s not alll about energy in the midfield, you need class to, someone who can control the game and keep the ball. I’m not saying Klassen is good enough either, I just think he deserves a chance. Play him in Rooney’s position for a few games once we are safe.

We basically have 4 new players in the team, Since he last had a chance.

---

What's wrong with what he said? Seems fair to me and in his defence, Allardyce is usually on the money with what he tells the press.

Besides, I don't think many of us are pining for Klaassen right now.

Sam is 100% right. Sam has made it abundantly clear he wanted Klaasen playing games elsewhere. We knew this and Davy Klaasen knew this . The loan would only have been for four or five months at most and I am not sure Davy Klaasen 's image rights are worth too much just now.

The only positive I see is that at Finch Farm before the window opened there were a number of players who were disgruntled and unhappy about the club and how they were being treated and not played. I expect the atmosphere must have been poor between Klaasen Sandro, Besic, Mirallas and maybe Ross Barkley . Aaaron Lennon in recent months had been playing so I expect he would not have been too unhappy.

The squad is much slimmer now, nearly everybody that is remaining can expect to be used by the manager and most already have. Klaasen is now in a much smaller, happier ? group of players. The manager says he has a good attitude so hopefully he may be able to get some time on the field before May.

Siggy's been a left winger for us though, so not sure how he'd replace him at #10.

Status
Not open for further replies.