David Unsworth - Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thnk he's done ok if you look at what he's been left to work with. It's akin to lending out your toolbox to an oaf and everything's come back blunted,twisted and without an edge. Some idiot has been using your screwdriver as a scraper etc.

Seems to have organised us a little better and lifted the lads from the dour lifeless rubbish we've been playing. Plus he's showcased a bit of free talent from the u23s. A bit more luck we'd have had a few goals in the last 3 games ,which would have meant all the difference to the defence. We have had zero luck,and I maintain we're carrying a curse!

Not saying I think he should get the job just yet, we need something more settled, another change to let the minds reset.

And a striker to aim at.
Nada to do with luck tbh, we looked like scoring from flukes and random chances, not from actual good play.

DCL's goal was the epitome of that - Niasse pushes around, no one knows what's happening, everyone's confused, randomly falls to DCL who slots.

I think performances have been better since he came in

2nd half at Chelsea was very good

2nd half at Leicester was ok

Last night we had a clear game plan - keep it tight for an hour, build some confidence on that and then go slightly more attacking and try to win it. And we we were doing pretty well until we relatively unfortunately conceded that first goal, and then it all collapsed. Again.

Ok, we've lost all three games and that will/should mean he doesn't get the job because, by Unsy's own admission, you need to win games but performance levels have improved a bit under him.

We have two main issues which whoever the new manager is will need to address - the lack of a striker or two means we are woefully short of attacking threat and rarely look like scoring and the defence can't be relied upon to keep a clean sheet - whenever we concede one, we seem to capitulate.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Baines
Baningime
Vlasic Sigurdsson Lookman
Sandro DCL

Play this against Watford, it's about the only crop of players I can be bothered giving my support to.

I'm sick of the likes of: Williams, Jagielka, Baines, Rooney, Lennon, Schneiderlin, Mirallas, etc. Being in the squad. Seasoned professionals who haven't got the bollocks for the fight we are in.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Baines
Baningime
Vlasic Sigurdsson Lookman
Sandro DCL

Play this against Watford, it's about the only crop of players I can be bothered giving my support to.

I'm sick of the likes of: Williams, Jagielka, Baines, Rooney, Lennon, Schneiderlin, Mirallas, etc. Being in the squad. Seasoned professionals who haven't got the bollocks for the fight we are in.

Yep, pretty much what I would go for, apart from Rooney up front as he is nailed on to get the odd goal.

Sandro not even on the bench last night, the lad must be wondering what the hell he has joined.

Yep, pretty much what I would go for, apart from Rooney up front as he is nailed on to get the odd goal.

Sandro not even on the bench last night, the lad must be wondering what the hell he has joined.
No, Rooney is toxic to everything we do. I hate him playing for us the most.

Sums up how small time we have been.

Get rid of him at the first opportunity. Surely some Chinese club will still have him?

Sadly he's way out of his depth with these disgraceful players. We really could have done with a proper manager in by this Watford game but of course our board couldn't organise a tour at a museum.

Ridiculous - if they think he’s not ready he never will be without games

Everyone is playing poorly so it’s hardly like he’s any more of a gamble than the rest of the turds

Is it worth Unsy going back to the U23’s or trying to get himself a first team management role - it’s clear the step up is too great or this team are too poor to enable him to do so...

Nada to do with luck tbh, we looked like scoring from flukes and random chances, not from actual good play.

DCL's goal was the epitome of that - Niasse pushes around, no one knows what's happening, everyone's confused, randomly falls to DCL who slots.
Thought we engineered the best chances last night, despite not having a striker. 1 of Their 3 goals was a distance opportunist strikes ,the type done by players with confidence. One was the result of a lucky ricochet, and 1 an admittedly well worked decent header.

I'd take the job right now. Come on blue bill, give a fan a chance. I Always had great success with schoolboy footie!

A high line with 3 old slow men against leicester and playing sygi up front last night rules this lad out for me. 2 laughable ,desperate and really insane decisions.

A high line with 3 old slow men against leicester and playing sygi up front last night rules this lad out for me. 2 laughable ,desperate and really insane decisions.

He gave himself away in the post-match comments

'The watford game is massive for me and massive for the team'.

It's got nothing to do with you 'Unsy'. But he's made selections centered entirely on furthering his own job prospects and not for the good of the team, sacrificing a European game. Uns-forgivable.

Sadly he's shown that he's not ready for this level of job in the last 3 games, as he's made errors in all of them tactically.

I wish the fella luck, move on and take on a lower league job Dave, and earn your stripes.

We need to act now, and appoint by Monday at the latest, as Unsie has failed his interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.