David Henen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people never learn about the fee's? this genuinely irritates me that people assume big money = great player.. it does't.

The lad is in his LAST YEAR of his contract, and we're getting him for a relatively small fee.

Sure he MIGHT NOT make it but by all accounts he has a LOT of potential, Aderlecht produce some great players and the lad has attracted interest from some of the top clubs in europe, so much so that one of the richest clubs in the world decided to take him on loan.

Some of the comments remind me of the ones when we signed stones. I hope this lad becomes a 'fans favourite' because it'll be good to go back to us.

He might be in and around the same team on a similar (probably smaller) level than del was and it'll be better because he'll be OURS.

Said this in another thread and I'll say it here again..

Last year of contract or not - 'Genuine' wonderkids do not get sold for one million pounds.

I'm taking that as a concession from you that Neymar is absolutely pants.

Neymar you say? Pants you say?

thats-one-way-to-take-down-your-opponent.gif

Last year of contract or not - 'Genuine' wonderkids do not get sold for one million pounds.
Does it really matter? We've picked up a good prospect who we can develop into a useful first team player further down the line.
If the wonder kid tag bothers you, don't use it.

Sure they do, it's not the fee they are sold for that dictates their ability, could be a number of reasons.

Also a lot of 'wonderkids' are sold to clubs to low fee's then go on to be sold by their SECOND club for the bigger fee.

Let the papers do they're thing and up sell they're stories. But lets be honest if the lad is close to another Del we'll be laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.