Dave Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here Tommy, the Latch was God and Davey sat at his right hand dishing out wonder crosses that were magnetically attracted to Big Bobs noggin! An extraordinary partnership andntwo fabulous fellers too, I am lucky enough to have heard both of them speak at Events numerous times and they always come across as humble, good humoured and both have said that team was a great keeper away from league titles.
We were rumoured to have Shilton in the bag until Clough lobbed him an envelope stuffed with money ffs!

Thats what Latchford said, had we got Shilton we would have won the league!
Might not have signed Nev though.

1 of the many what ifs in Evertons history.

Always remember Joe Royle and Peter Reid were guests on that late night ITV footy round up years ago and there was a segment were Mickey Thomas and a guest took pens at each other. Afterwards, Matt Smith asked who was the best Goalkeeper they worked with. Royle said Shilton, Reid said Nev was better and told a story of how he used to do some training sessions were he wouldn't use his hands and people still couldn't score past him.

I might be wrong but i am sure the season Latch scored 30 goals,England played Italy at Wembley in the world cup ,or European cup and even though the both had a great seasons neither of them got picked.
we played Italy in the WC qualifier November 77. and Latch played but Thomas wasn't in the squad.

Thomas and the Latch were great. I loved McKenzie too unbelievable skill but looking back a bit of a luxury player similar to Rodriguez. Was that Martin Dobson in the video too?

Status
Not open for further replies.