Dave Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 3/4 years ago (??) Sky's Soccer Saturday thingy gave a really good piece about Dave and his near blindness. He had a Just Giving page raising funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind at the time. Heart breaking stuff, I put the onions away and got the debit card out! Fantastic player for us, just wish he'd been with us longer. A lovely bloke as well - very humble.

I speak with Dave on a regular basis. He always mentions Everton in the conversation. It's definitely in his blood.
I'm sure you do/will but I'm sure he'd appreciate to hear how fondly he is still remembered as evidenced here. I was going to post about the shinnies and mouldies but its been done above, glided across the turf/mud. Lovely player to watch.

I'm sure you do/will but I'm sure he'd appreciate to hear how fondly he is still remembered as evidenced here. I was going to post about the shinnies and mouldies but its been done above, glided across the turf/mud. Lovely player to watch.
He knows how much he was adored by Evertonians. You know that saying; “Once Everton have touched you”

Nothing certain but I've quickly gone through his 30 goals and I reckon around 12 were directly from crosses by Dave - not as many as my memory suggests but still impressive. Of course there were countless near misses and Dave was involved in the build up for other goals too.

He was brilliant, could cross with either foot and didn't necessarily have to beat his man to whip a cross in, though he often did. When Latchford was belatedly picked by England, they should have picked Thomas with him but went for the younger Barnes/Coppell.
Cheers mate. Sounds correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.