Dave Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the question in the old photos thread but no response.

How many of Latch's 30 in 77/78 were crossed by Dave. Probably not available as I don't think "assists" were recorded like today.

Brilliant player, loved when we sign him from QPR.
Thomas could find Big Bobs noggin in a fog couldn’t he! Best striking partnership i have ever seen at Everton.

A typical Dave Thomas pose a great winger -

1631448233812.png

Bob Latchford is my all time favourite Everton player. Dave Thomas was sublime. Watching him fly down the wing with his socks down was a sight to behold. That Everton side stole my heart - as a teenager regularly going to the match I loved them. Still do.

….no backlift, right foot or left foot. Running down a wing at speed and then crossing a ball at an angle of 90 degrees when you hit the touchline sounds impossible but he made it look simple.

I keep talking about uncomplicated footballers but they do simple looking things that others can’t.

Didnt he get sent off once for calling a certain ref, of the same surname, a cheat? Iirc it might have been Bristol City away.

Dave Thomas , Bob Latchford & Duncan McKenzie my favourite forward line.
Great team to watch too , just a massive pity they never went on to win a good few trophies.

Every defender got used to seeing the socks rolled down & the white soles of his boots as he roasted them .
Then to put it on a sixpence for Bob the nod , not seen anyone capable of doing that at will since.

I was born in 1970 and growing up this fella and Big Bob were my absolute heroes.
Being left footed also made me think I was him, right down to the socks round my ankles and playing left wing.
Adored Davey Thomas
Same here Tommy, the Latch was God and Davey sat at his right hand dishing out wonder crosses that were magnetically attracted to Big Bobs noggin! An extraordinary partnership andntwo fabulous fellers too, I am lucky enough to have heard both of them speak at Events numerous times and they always come across as humble, good humoured and both have said that team was a great keeper away from league titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.