Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like the lad is Owen Hargreaves, ruling himself out because of the smallest of niggles. The lad has been seriously unlucky with serious injuries. Cruciate ligament damage can happen to any player, anytime. Remember jags v City all those years ago, a nothing header and boom, 6 months out.

The point is that it's incredibly harsh to brand Gibson a 'shocking' signing when his contributions thus far have proven he can and will be an asset. Thrown into the equation is the fact that we are the first club in which he's been a first team regular which, whether you sympathise or not, must have an effect on a players body.

Summary: he's nothing short of just unlucky and (in my opinion) you're talking rubbish to suggest otherwise.

Xxx

It's not like the lad is Owen Hargreaves, ruling himself out because of the smallest of niggles. The lad has been seriously unlucky with serious injuries. Cruciate ligament damage can happen to any player, anytime. Remember jags v City all those years ago, a nothing header and boom, 6 months out.

The point is that it's incredibly harsh to brand Gibson a 'shocking' signing when his contributions thus far have proven he can and will be an asset. Thrown into the equation is the fact that we are the first club in which he's been a first team regular which, whether you sympathise or not, must have an effect on a players body.

Summary: he's nothing short of just unlucky and (in my opinion) you're talking rubbish to suggest otherwise.

Xxx

That's a really poor excuse. It doesn't really matter why he's injured, he is and has been for most of his Everton career. That in my eyes makes him a poor signing thus far. Players are supposed to play.

We've got players like Oviedo, Heittinga and Jelavic who will probably of played less time over the period Gibson has been here than he has, and some have not contributed much when they do come on either. He's like a rarely used sub, like Alkaraz, Hibbert and the likes but one of our best players when he comes on.
We all want him fit, but some things are just bad luck.

The lid's a player, shocking sicknote though.

It still pisses me off that he done his knee in playing against Jarganisthan for a team that ostracised him for the best part of a year, too.

Bad luck on the player but when our EX signed him there was already an injruy issue as I recall so what happened with the Med?

Like wise bad luck on Dellboy but some things do happen.

So..when is he back?

For me he was actually pretty poor since before last xmas and all the things we associate with him - great passing and shooting - were just not happening.

Seemed good in preseason though so lets see how Bobby gets him playing. If he continues as he did last season though i wouldnt extend his contract and we would be better off with a sale and replacement.

Maybe its a compliment to what Barry and McCarthy are doing in the midfield, but I dont even miss Gibson.
I had to be reminded he was injured even.

Status
Not open for further replies.