2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty he's the whipping boy because he couldn't get in Southamptons team and was free.

In reality, he's been nowhere near our worst player this season. He's actually probably been better than Schneiderlain, Davies, Williams, Klaasan, Mirallas, Sandro and others.
This isn't a ringing endorsement of him mind.

Kinda scary that he was by far our best player going forward. He's flawed no doubt but frankly Pickford deserves equal blame for the second IMO. Sure he whiffed on the clearance...it happens...ask Rooney about his whiff on that Baines pearl. Pickford made a good save but put it right back into danger. He will hopefullly learn from that.

Kinda scary that he was by far our best player going forward. He's flawed no doubt but frankly Pickford deserves equal blame for the second IMO. Sure he whiffed on the clearance...it happens...ask Rooney about his whiff on that Baines pearl. Pickford made a good save but put it right back into danger. He will hopefullly learn from that.

Pickford made a good save but is to blame? Makes no sense at all.

Made a good save but parried it straight into the mix for the goal.

Then, in your opinion, it surely wasn't a good enough save.

I get what you're saying, but if it's a good save it's a good save. For my money he's made a diving stop from point blank range, Martina has fresh air shotted a clearance under no presssure. There's no way they're equally to blame even if Pickford could maybe have done better pushing it away.

Then, in your opinion, it surely wasn't a good enough save.

I get what you're saying, but if it's a good save it's a good save. For my money he's made a diving stop from point blank range, Martina has fresh air shotted a clearance under no presssure. There's no way they're equally to blame.

It was a good reaction but he could have done better and he knows it. It was hardly point blank.

He can hit a really good centre but he was poor defensively.

This is another signing that I don't get. We have JohnJoe Kenny who is a real prospect and needs to be introduced slowly and
Holgate who is also improving. They both should be playing ahead of Cuco...
That is his one and only attribute, so if Koeman insists on playing him, play him on the wing ffs! Surely a world class defender can see that this lad cannot defend? He wasnt the worst yesterday, i thought all of them were equally cack and clueless. But koeman needs to get his head out of his arse and decide on a formation and a first 11, because this is looking like Martinez' third season at the moment. Back to panicking every single time the ball comes into our box :/

Watching him for England u20s and U21s he's one of the best players every game,

He is no way worse than Cuco.

Who really expected us to get anything from the game after seeing him on the teamsheet? Not me.
Positionally this guy is all over the shop. A good manager would be developing Kenny not signing some third string jarg defender. Kenny and Holgate have more than enough between them to cover this.

Status
Not open for further replies.