2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was getting caught out of position because of how he was asked to play,and no he is not a very good player,and he is limited defensively but he was also getting pulled all over the place though a lack of help.He is also a very easy target.

I don't blame him. Not his fault he isn't good enough. And tbf to him he doesn't hide.

But Koeman should not have signed him and on his head be it.

He was poor defensively, but who on earth was supposed to be helping him cover on the right hand side ?
If it was one of Gana, Morgan, Rooney then they never showed up to help out, and he very rarely had an out ball.

Seamus would have struggled defensively in that formation today. He'd have done a better job like, but it'd be wrong to put all our problems on the right hand side down to Martina.

This. Don't get me wrong he was having a mare but he got zero support. Did none of the other players see it and think we need to get over. Did Koeman not see it ffs! Davies was having a field day. I did feel slightly sorry for Martina even though he is dog awful.

Sky write up of the game

Ben Davies was getting loads of space down the left hand side.

It may have helped if our right side wasn't Martina! Jesus it's depressing that koemans plan is to play with no cover for the full backs at all .

He's awful, has no defensive attributes at all, but made to look far worse with no support thanks to Koeman.

No idea why Ben Davies was given 30 yards to himself every time he stepped over the halfway line. Martina is a truly dreadful footballer, no doubt, but as others have said the formation didn't help a bit.

Absolutely mate, he ain't great as a right back and would probably make sense being played as a wing back, but he was criminally short of any kind of help today.

He was out of contract for a reason, and that's because he's limited at this level, but we signed him, and then he was effectively left out to dry today because of the way were setup. Not only that, but, even when it was obvious he was being targeted, we didn't seem to try anything to counter that

I'd rather see one of the academy lads play over him, give them the chance to rise to the occasion than see us give this guy game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.