Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting a tough game here. These have got off to a flying start and looked good against Man U.
They have pace all over. I can see them being a bit fragile on set pieces though if we are on our game. It will be an interesting one for sure in how we deal with them.

I like what I've seen of Palace this season. Well balanced and effective. I don't think we'll see any drop off in our league results if our new midfield all start. Be very interesting to see how we go against a decent team who should also be brimming with confidence.

This is our toughest test so far. They have the pace to hurt teams on the counter. However that is really their only weapon, if that does work they have no Plan B. I fully expect to see Carlo‘s tactical know how coming into it’s own here. Can see us sacrificing a midfielder to double up on Zaha with Allan also sitting in to protect the back four from any other danger. Can see James dropping into No. 10 position and hitting balls diagonally or slipping DCL in. Might need someone other than Gomes in as third midfielder as we might need another midfielder dropping back as Doucoure drives forward.
This game will be about concentration and sticking to a game plan, with a couple of bits of South American magic thrown in.
Pickford could be the difference in this game.

Great thing is that we aren't playing our key players in the cup so they have a week off at the minute.

No matter how you expect richarlison and lewen to play like, we win because of the midfield and Rodriguez

Wil be a tough game. They were excellent on the counter against United and that's where we looked most exposed against West Brom and the odd occasion Spurs had a go with the ball

Our last pen in the league away i think i am right in saying was the Sig one at Burnley in the 5-1 win on boxing day 2 years ago lol
Our last away pen anywhere seems to be the Lincoln cup game last year

Should be getting a lot more, hopefully, with spending more time in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.