Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But then how do you determine what's a free kick hand ball and what's a penalty handball - deliberate?

I don't necessarily disagree, but my problem is the rules are quite clear as they stand as to what hand ball constitutes, and you have idiot commentators completely unaware of the rules and dictating the conversation about an ongoing game with their nonsense.
I know I said that is the problem. But we can draw something up and see what happens.

My thought on the penalty are that his hand was in a natural position because he checked his run to turn in the other direction. Can't see what else he can do with his hand really. Anyway it's gone it's given but the new handball rule sucks.

Need Doucoure and Gomes to step up and dominate the game. The Everton we know and hate would sit back in the second half to concede the inevitable equaliser, let´s hope we see something different.

Good first half that, think we’ve just about shaded it and it’s boss that for the 3rd game running we’ve conceded but not let heads drop when in the past we have

No idea how that penalty was controversial. His hand was out in the path of the ball
By the letter of the law, yes. And at least they've been consistent with the decisions so far. But I suspect there will be a good few moments where we're caught out by it and when you look at the number of penalties each week, it is getting silly.

Good away performance based upon the years where we regularly got nowt from any trip to London, however with this team you expect more and hopefully there is more control in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.