Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine if he did....he would be on 25 goals per season instead of a measly 14 goals that no one else surpassed.
There is a difference between playing well for 90 minutes and scoring a goal. Yes the goals assist the team but he very seldom puts in a good 90 minute performance. He is often caught in possession, does not track back not that he probably does not want to, but maybe because he has the starting speed of a snail. When Digne made that run into the penalty area Kean exploded between the two defenders and left them for dead hoping for a cross that didn't come. Gylfi no chance in the same situation. He's ponderous in possession too; just my opinion.

Not at all.

It's a game that we are hardly set up for even with Gomes. Once he went off we had nothing in the middle.

We just aren't a possession side (in terms of breaking down a side with quality). We are a counter-attacking side.

Palace have had such a bad time of it they were always gonna sit deep and look to niggle and frustrate. That's what they did. They had their chances too.
I do think silva wants to become a better possession based team though. Because that’s how you break these teams down that try to frustrate, especially at goodison which we will see over the next few weeks.

Hopefully Iwobi and Kean will help, don’t know much about Sidibé, but maybe he will help to. As I feel Coleman doesn’t have enough quality in the final third.

Interesting according to El Pivote in Twitter Gbamin had the joint most passes in the final third today. Even though he struggled Witt the pace of the game and gave to ball away a few times. I’m confident he will be a good player for us.

0-0 doesn't seem like I missed much, disappointed to see MS starting never mind getting sent off, I was hoping he would be shipped out. we best strart finding a way to score,we are a bit toothless following on from preseason.

Was a bit concerned about this one beforehand,none of the new signings ready for it,a poorish preseason,always tough down there,thought we did okayish without playing with any great cohesion,most of them put a decent shift in for us,important to get something out of it,hopefully back to a buoyant Goodison next week and three points.
Is it tough though? Playing city is tough. Norwich had a rude awakening in the pl. This is a game we should be winning comfortably.

I reserve judgement until all our players are up to speed and bedded in and our first choice team is out there but it's going to be up and down in the meantime. We have to remember most of these new players arrived late.

Is it tough though? Playing city is tough. Norwich had a rude awakening in the pl. This is a game we should be winning comfortably.
I know what you're saying,i do think they will finish bottom five/six but I reckon that will be more to do with poor away form,i think the top five teams will probably be the only sides coming away from palace with maximum points.

Status
Not open for further replies.