Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty embarrassing that the club is so poorly run / our kit deal is so poor, that we / Umbro can't even get our shirts ready for the first game of the season. Commercially inept as well as just practically - there is only a limited shelf life for those shirts and people have even less time to buy them (and buy them they would). We've known for well over a month that we would be playing Palace first match of the season (and Villa second away) so that pink kit would clash too much.

Do you really think any of the clubs above us (or even below us) would have planned this so badly that they would be wearing last season's kit?

Half the club staff aren’t fit for purpose, including the CEO who knows nothing about football.

It’s a kit who cares?
View attachment 64721

But it’s the club who are in the wrong.

I care because it's not only a lost commercial opportunity, but it's properly Sunday league to not have a kit that the officials are happy for us to play in.

As I said above, we should have checked with the league (pink vs red, blue vs dark blue, sounded like a potential clash to me), but it should also have been a moot point as the kit should have at least been ready for the team to wear, even if not for sale to the public.

Southamptons supporters can’t even buy their home kit. So yes?

[Paid Content - Blacklisted]/1118009/2019/08/07/why-cant-fans-buy-southamptons-home-shirt-yet/

So our aim should be to exhibit the same level of professionalism as Southampton, a club whose kit launch has been so botched they are having press articles written about them, rather than those teams above us who most of us see as our peers?

Wait are people actually having a pop at the club over the Pemier League and it’s officials not being able to tell the difference between light orange/coral and a dark pinky/red? Or an almost black Navy to the blue in Palace’s stripes?

It's more about the amateurism of not even being able to get three kits ready for the team before the first game of the season.

It's more about the amateurism of not even being able to get three kits ready for the team before the first game of the season.

The third kit is ready, it’s literally out on sale in Asia now but isn’t officially launched til the 23rd, the club will have had it to hand and got told no because it’ll clash hence why we have to use the white kit, FOR ONE WHOLE NON DAMAGING GAME!!!!

So our aim should be to exhibit the same level of professionalism as Southampton, a club whose kit launch has been so botched they are having press articles written about them, rather than those teams above us who most of us see as our peers?
Well that wasn’t the question you asked at all, was it cryarse? Your question was ‘is there any other teams that have had kit issues.

The answer is yes. There is. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.