Crap rumour web sites that should not be read

Status
Not open for further replies.
bleacherreport.com
sport.co.uk
sbnation.com
caughtoffside.com

Any US American sports portal that a) knows crap about the game and just rehashes European stories and/or b ) has a former Third Division player who ended up over there writing a "provocative" column about the Old World

Any website with Fan or Bet or Odds in the domain name.

I believe everything goal.com says, its holy scripture in my eyes. Do yourself a favour and make it your homepage.

What site would you recommend for a newcomer? After your post, I hate to admit it, but other than ESPN soccernet, Goal.com is about all I read. Thanks.

What site would you recommend for a newcomer? After your post, I hate to admit it, but other than ESPN soccernet, Goal.com is about all I read. Thanks.

For general news (filter the crap yourself):
http://news.google.com/news?num=100&q=Everton+-ToffeeWeb&scoring=n

If I had to choose a single paper (probably because of Raphael Hönigstein, some of the Rumours writers and its coverage of financial and governance issues within the game):
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football

Interesting football blog (again with good stuff outside the normal Premier League guff) I don't visit nearly enough:
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/

In fairness to sites such as goal.com they publish all football storys from the tabloids. So the bull [Poor language removed] the tabloids spread will always reach sites like Goal.com. I dont mind the site to be honest, of course most of its made up but more and more articles are now sourced from the English media anyway, they are just reporting what the papers say.
If I had the time I would make a topic and add all the bull [Poor language removed] articles and see what came true at the close of the transfer window. 10%?

I hit three websites without fail every day:

newsnow.co.uk - Everton
The Guardian
GOT

If it's not on those three, it's [Poor language removed]. Most of the stuff on newsnow.co.uk is [Poor language removed] but you get to see everything Everton related. For my transfer news, GOT is the only place you need be.

Those that understand, need no explanation. Those that do not understand, do not matter.

I remember reading a summary, when it was mentioned that "Independent" has the highest percentage of correct transfers news/rumours out of big newspapers. Still, it was a quite low number, around 15-20%.

I usually start with BBC Gossip, then look on Times/Guardian/Independent (but they have rumour mills too, so need to be careful), then come here, plus check one international forum where I am posting (to check news from foreign newspapers). Don't see a reason to go to goal.com, tribalfootball, caughoffside, Daily Mail, etc... - they are all crap.

Thing is, with the amount of new signings we make a season, if you closed your eyes and put your hands over your ears until the season starts, its not like you'd turn up and go "who are these lot...."

Wait it out or filter the crap is the general consensus.

I hit three websites without fail every day:

newsnow.co.uk - Everton
The Guardian
GOT

If it's not on those three, it's [Poor language removed]. Most of the stuff on newsnow.co.uk is [Poor language removed] but you get to see everything Everton related. For my transfer news, GOT is the only place you need be.

Those that understand, need no explanation. Those that do not understand, do not matter.[/QUOTE]

When I'm on me World Tour , Chig' , YOU are doing the Poster Campaign .

Status
Not open for further replies.