2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing our club there will be a deadline of the end of june for us to confirm the signing and pay the money, we will miss it and he will go somewhere else.

Some how I do not think so, with having Lampard and Thelwell in charge.

Hope you are right, I remember us having players like Fernandes on loan and not managing to sign him permanently from Benfica. Then when we had Arteta on loan, we had a deal in place to sign him, but let it expire and let him return to Real Sociedad, because we thought we could get him for a cheaper fee. There was something similar with Steven Pienaar when we had him on loan from Dortmund, the rumour was we had agreed a fee of £2.2m before he arrived and then negotiated it down to £2.05m.

Yeah but he can’t play in a back 4 ?
I know everyone loves saying this at the moment but I think there have plenty of signs that it's not a mad shout to be honest. Obviously the way some people took the whole thing too literally in the first place is a factor, and the fact we haven't conceded anywhere near as many goals as we 'should' have done is influencing things aswell, but I can definitely see why that tag has been applied to him.

He's been excellent for us, and so has Tarkowski. They've both provided some leadership and backbone that we were lacking, but it does feel a little bit like some people are just skirting over some of the issues we've had defensively because they've ended up not being costly.

did we ring up wolves during a heavy drinking work party or something? why on earth would they agree to that
he's at least twice the defender Keane could dream to be.

did they forget a zero?

Well it’s not like we signed a striker and forgot to register him in time for the next game…..

Hold on…
Yeah, we didn't do that.
We registered him, but nobody in the FA office Cause of the bank holiday. Even Lampard had words to say on that one. Ridiculous that following the close of the window, the First Monday there is nobody there to register players for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.