Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always go with your gut. My gut said NO to martinez, and I have a big gut!.... I think that thread I created 3 years ago probably broke forum records! Anyway, delighted I can finally take off that feckin mask! Was getting a fierce sweaty face!... Hold on a minute, what's that??? Is that my gut speaking to me again - "FRANK DE BOER WILL MAKE EVERTON GREAT AGAIN!.... and get me some chocolate ya fat mess!"... Whatever you say gut! Whatever you say!

A great chap loved his free flowing football in his first season but had no clue about defense and other responsibilities. Moyes hangover on his first season got us fifth as the remaining holdovers knew how to defend corners and crosses. I am sure injuries and stars heads being turned killed us on the run in. It was time for both parties. I like to think big but Mourinho won't come to us. But there are other interesting coaches that can right the ship.

Moshiri/Ryazantsev forced it through mate, not sure Bill was a willing participant. Anyway as mentioned, the power shift has started, Moshiri/Ryazantsev are controlling the recruitment process and at least one new board member is arriving early summer.

Will that new board member also be a new investor mate?

Seismic shift of power at Goodison. Much more than just losing a poorly performing manager.

Good times ahead, although clearly lots of work to be done.

What did you say to him in the board meeting Friend ? xxx

Best of luck to Roberto in whatever he does next, but thank goodness. Hopefully the next manager can push the limits of our squad and get us back to where we should be. NSNO

Was never going to be happy over a sacking, as ultimately it means as fans, we're not getting the results we want. This has come probably 18 months too late for me, although 12 months amongst the fairer amongst us. Massively relieved. Onwards and upwards.

Players shouldn't be allowed to get off lightly through all this.

Agreed, I hope Moshiri sets out his spending plans, investment, ground, new players and what I think will be the arrival of Usmanov and his billions in the not to distant future, after the last game in the dressing room. I hope as he is leaving he turns to stones and lukaku and says `feel free to clear your locker on the way out ` time for a clear out !

Status
Not open for further replies.