Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im optimistic that Roberto will prove a class act playing the type of football Evertonians crave. Wouldnt mind him bringing McManaman back home either !

Im optimistic that Roberto will prove a class act playing the type of football Evertonians crave. Wouldnt mind him bringing McManaman back home either !

I would. Do you think McManaman could play on the wing for a side in the CL? Nope. Afterall, that is Roberto's ambition. Think we've got to pull some smart, big signings out of the bag this Summer, league is going to be as competitive as ever next year.

Moyes turned a number of us into doubters after 11 seasons. Martinez should be given the same amount of time.

I'm saying that the CL 'reveal' was ill-advised to say the least. I didn't say we shouldn't be ambitious. We should. This feller found a way to success at a much smaller club to us. I'm confident he can get us something if he's given time to patiently build over the next 2-3 seasons. That idiot Kenwright has just heaped a whole load of pressure on him though and made that task harder...because we all know the doubters will be sharpening their knives for Martinez on every defeat as early in the season as they can get away with it.
He hasn't at all.

Everyone in the world already knew that our realistic target for progression is CL. We have to look upwards. I think certainly every realistic Evertonian sees that as the next step (difficult though it will be, 2 places in the league is not out of the question).

There is no added pressure whatsoever in that statement.

Last edited:

Kenwright: "David had me sold at 30 seconds, Roberto took around *thinks* 45.."

Absolute clanger of a quote that.

There were far worse!
Kenwright was extremely embarrassing in that press conference.

Must have mentioned Moyes about seven or eight times
This, calling Roberto 'David' 2 or 3 times at one point and the whole 'I'll get you CL' FFS Bill hahah!! WTF was he thinking saying that? SO many clangers from Bill but Martinez was great, I think he's as ideal as we could hope for.
'Humble, Hardworking to take this magnificent club to the next level' 'it was only everton I could fit in at, it was a feeling' etc, etc. Really, really pleased, just trying to forget some of Bills comments & hope Roberto takes them with a pinch of salt.

Right, I need to go back 20 pages & catch up

So what? You don't need experience to get into the CL. Di Matteo won the trophy with no experience

The squad were finalists the year before. He's the exception rather than the rule anyway. I suppose it's like United appointing Moyes and expecting to win trophies and do well in Europe. It's a bit of a leap of faith.

Good luck Roberto - may you progress the club in the next 11 years as much as Moyes did in his time at the club, and hopefully we might even get a benefactor to accelerate that progress.

Welcome to the family, we offer you our total support...

There were far worse!

This, calling Roberto 'David' 2 or 3 times at one point and the whole 'I'll get you CL' FFS Bill hahah!! WTF was he thinking saying that? SO many clangers from Bill but Martinez was great, I think he's as ideal as we could hope for.
'Humble, Hardworking to take this magnificent club to the next level' 'it was only everton I could fit in at, it was a feeling' etc, etc. Really, really pleased, just trying to forget some of Bills comments & hope Roberto takes them with a pinch of salt.

Right, I need to go back 20 pages & catch up
So a clanger from Kenwright to mention the CL but Martinez was great for saying he would take us to the next level.

What do you think the next level is?

So glad we have appointed a manager so I can get my life back never been off my phone and laptop these last few weeks

Hopefully we'll see all those players wearing those shirts next year.

10179_10151409287631277_1911581810_n.jpg

Positives are :

He's a nice guy
He is articulate
He knows how to counter attack
Clearly had the tactical victory over Moyes last season
He doesn't seem the sort to want to bugger off after 2 seasons.
Based in NW already so little time needed to settle

Status
Not open for further replies.