Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenwright just went with the obvious appointment, the media said Martinez would be next and low and behold he is, I never for one second thought Kenwright was capable of a truly ambitious choice. Also, its clear that when he was on SSN the other day and said 90% of fans were in agreement with his first choice, that was quite simply a complete lie.

Enough of that con artist for now though, Roberto is here, hes a top fella, wants to play football the right way, sticks to his principals and has a decent squad, he wouldnt have been my choice but I'm actually quite optimistic

No contradiction is there really? You can win something and still not qualify for the CL.
Of course there is.

You moan about a chairman and manager expressing ambition and yet implicitly express that very same ambition by moaning about us not winning things.

Firstly...we've got a really positive manager here. I liked the fact he wants to take it to the next level rather than just say the generic "great club, new ideas, freshness etc", he's gone straight for it and his aim is to progress.

Always said he'll never experience what he will/has already experienced now he's here. He looked nervous, it's a whole new ball game and a completely new amount of pressure for him. He'll **** himself 1st home game of the season with 39k in the cauldron of GP... But that's what he wants.

So from that, it's a clean slate from what he's done at Wigan. Screw the win ratio, the relegation he had with his previous club, this is totally different. He knows it and will hopefully show us something new

It's a little strange that they talk about the Champions League as being the goal and then appoint the only one on the supposed shortlist with no CL experience.

Team Pereira, it was fun whilst that dream lasted, but now it's time to get right behind Roberto. So welcome Roberto, and here is my wish list for next season:
1. Keep hold of Baines for godsake
2. Don't bring any of your fodder from Wigan, not needed thanks
3. A win at Old Trafford and most definitely the tin mine (not really arsed about Emirates and the Bridge)
4. Finish in a European place (CL preferrably but I will settle for Europa League)
5. A trophy by the the of the season

Think thats about it for now, thanks Roberto, nice one lad

Of course there is.

You moan about a chairman and manager expressing ambition and yet implicitly express that very same ambition by moaning about us not winning things.

I'm saying that the CL 'reveal' was ill-advised to say the least. I didn't say we shouldn't be ambitious. We should. This feller found a way to success at a much smaller club to us. I'm confident he can get us something if he's given time to patiently build over the next 2-3 seasons. That idiot Kenwright has just heaped a whole load of pressure on him though and made that task harder...because we all know the doubters will be sharpening their knives for Martinez on every defeat as early in the season as they can get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.