Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibbywiggles

The minimum requirement is maximum effort
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but I for one am delighted at the level of communication we are receiving from Martinez.

Last night the rumour came out that we had bid for McCarthy and of course we were worried that this could mean Fellaini was on his way out.

First thing this morning Martinez tells us that we have not made a bid for McCarthy and not received any further bids.

I for one really appreciate this new transparency and hope it continues.

His acknowledgement of the fans has been 2nd to none. Some of the same fans should consider that sincerity and patience before the slate the man.

I like him. It's a results game, we all know that, but I like his style, demeanour and attitude. Backed up by trying to play the right way, I really hope he gets the time he needs to help move our club forward.

Happy with him so far and as long as we aren't in a silly relegation battle this season he deserves time, I am happy to give it to him so i'll wait 12 months before saying if he should change anything.

I watched every interview and press conference available since he became our manager and im really made up with him.

Seriously smooth and charasmastic...clever as well though.

the comment he made the other day 'ive heard in the past Everton didnt sell cheap' was a lovely touch.

I think he knows the task that faces him. Moyes did a fantastic job with limited resource and he knows the fans were always going to be weary of Moyes' replacement.

RM couldnt be doing anymore from a communication point of view to get us all on side. He just needs a couple of results to come now.

Having both him and Alan Myers keeping open lines of communication is really refreshing, regardless of whether it's all BS or not.

They can't afford to be completely open and honest all the time and I doubt many of us expect them too. But. it's brilliant how open he is with the press knowing full well he's really talking to Evertonians.

He was meant to have give a few blues a lift back the train station in Manchester the other day as well.

I for one always liked that Moyes kept his business out of the media until he thought the time was right ( or the other club told the world)! Perhaps years of being let down by a piss poor board taught him that nothing is worth talking about until its 100% confirmed.

Someone told me a few weeks ago he was out with a group of friends somewhere and Martinez came over and asked to sit with them, he told them how much he wanted to deliver a trophy this season and how much he loves the passion of the fans. He said he will always communicate with the fans and keep them up to date with what's going on. He believes the fans come before anything at Everton. He said he had his eye on one more major signing but wouldn't reveal who it was. The man told me he is the most honest and most genuine person he has ever met.

Yes, totally agree 100%

Love his quote today "We are in a position where we don't need to sell. We are very strong financially in that respect we don't need to sell at all."

I dont know what he means about being financially strong so we dont have to sell players, when it was something our previous manager pretty much had to do.

Wonder would Bill give him some of this "financially strong" cash to spend on someone who might ACTUALLY get in our 1st 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.