Commentators

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind Beglin. That guy Birtles today was embarrassingly bad.

“People will be wondering why Keane, Coleman, Davies and Rondon won’t be playing”.

Eh, no they won’t, you absolute muppet.
This really wound me up.

Really shows they haven't watched us in about 5 years.

"Don't make a good chance a great one" -STFU Gary no one has ever heard of you.

Motson was the absolute worst! Him and Brooking were the Beavis and Butthead of football. Nothing but inane stats, bizarre awkward giggling and absolutely zero football insight.

Makes the likes of Tyldesley and Drury seem like legends.

Peter Brackley, Kenneth Wolstenholme and James Richardson are up there as the best for me. Can't think of anyone that comes close tbh
Less is more regards commentators... too much peripheral almost forensic garbage spouted around players. Gimme Barry Davies, Brian Moore and even David "1-Nil" Coleman...and no dull ex players sitting by them droning on.

Man City vs Crystal P.
Ayew elbowed Cancelo right in the face and the commentator said "you can see Ayew is just protecting the ball"- seriously!

whats going on with these commentators and VAR that they can`t make a proper call on serious foul play.

Ayew got let off for the off the ground two footed scissor tackle on Gordon that could`ve ended his career.

I don’t mind Beglin. That guy Birtles today was embarrassingly bad.

“People will be wondering why Keane, Coleman, Davies and Rondon won’t be playing”.

Eh, no they won’t, you absolute muppet.
Birtles wound me up today. He doesn't like us at all and over emphasises (goes on and on). Felt like chucking a brick through the telly today. The man is a garbage co-commentator and too bias. He picked on Everton but just praised Brentford from start to finish. His favourite saying was 'Don't try and make a good chance a better chance'.....it made sense but not on repeat.

Against Fleetwood the commentator said, bad back pass, Rondon’s in pursuit. If you had an ounce of understanding, you wouldn’t use the words Rondon and pursuit in the same sentence.

Like a Formula 1 commentator saying, the Austin Allegro driven by Arthur Pensioner could make life difficult for Hamilton here.

Very few share knowledge. They just want to maintain their £ gig.

Another one from today I couldn’t help but laugh at. Couple of Brentford players went through our players in quick succession right before Gordon got shoved into their assistant manager, then the commentator started rambling how we need to keep 10 men on the pitch and how many red cards we got last season:Blink:

His contradictory comments were infuriating:

When Mbuemo missed the chance in the first half, he said “he’s just got to hit the target, if it hits the defender or hits the goalkeeper, that’s fine, but make the the goalkeeper work and hit the target, not what he did there.”

Then when Mbuemo had another chance in the second half, the one at the back post, he said “Well, did he hit it towards goal? Looks like he tapped it. Yes, you can see him there leaning back and just taps it at goal. Put your foot through it there, doesn’t matter if it goes over the crossbar, you might smash it into the roof of the net, just put your foot through it; don’t do what he did there.”

Literally opposite points involving the same player. Utter moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.