Commentators

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so glad everyone else picked up on this.

That utter pillock today was the worst I’ve ever heard. Ill-prepared, factually inaccurate, contradictory in his comments, and hyper-critical to an annoyance.

If anyone wants to write to the broadcaster, please let me know because I will do the same! It’s a disgrace that he was paid to do that today when there are literally thousands of others who could’ve done a better job.

This guy today (Gary Birtles) is probably the worst I've ever heard.
Not just how he was talking Everton down, but a lot of what he said didn't make sense.
Also he seemed unprepared, a lot of time he didn't refer to Brentford players by their name, he just said him.
Seems a small complaint but you notice it when other commentators, even others we don't like are more professional.

I've enjoyed Birtles for years. He becomes apoplectic at the crass incompetence he witnesses - and he expresses that, which is refreshing in a world of "Trent" coming out of the mouths of co-commentators.

I didn't hear him today, but if he was belligerent about us, well, going on his previous form, I suspect he had plenty of material to work with.

Yes, it was Gary Birtles.

All the overseas English Broadcasts use the same comms provided by Premier League Productions.

Today was the worst I have ever had to suffer.

I'd honestly have preferred Jim Beglin.
I don’t mind Beglin. That guy Birtles today was embarrassingly bad.

“People will be wondering why Keane, Coleman, Davies and Rondon won’t be playing”.

Eh, no they won’t, you absolute muppet.

I don’t mind Beglin. That guy Birtles today was embarrassingly bad.

“People will be wondering why Keane, Coleman, Davies and Rondon won’t be playing”.

Eh, no they won’t, you absolute muppet.

That comment was incredible.
I made a note of that as well.
I also noted the phrase “don’t try and make a good chance better, that’s what I was told” that particular nugget got 2 airings. I’m using this time to appreciate that sentence again just now….
I was waiting for him to also say “If in doubt, kick it out” and “you can’t pass it through a player” for a line on my crap commentary bingo

I care not for other people's opinions when I watch a match - I have eyes and can see whats going on and since the best commentators like Matson retired I prefer football without the innane dribble they spout. I'd prefer to listen to the ref or a commentator that just mentioned the players name and no opinions.

Green on radio 5 was the worst. I've turned matches off when his dour contribution sapped my will to live

Motson was the absolute worst! Him and Brooking were the Beavis and Butthead of football. Nothing but inane stats, bizarre awkward giggling and absolutely zero football insight.

Makes the likes of Tyldesley and Drury seem like legends.

Peter Brackley, Kenneth Wolstenholme and James Richardson are up there as the best for me. Can't think of anyone that comes close tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.