Come on lads, it's time for the wailing an gnashing of teeth to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not one player I'd be sorry to see the back of.

I suspect Ancelotti has the same view after that.

I just hope Ancelotti is given the full autonomy to make them - not convinced on Brands personally.
Something there to work with for Ancelotti:

Richarlison
Gomes
Digne
Holgate
Kenny

Not sure of the youngsters coming through, though not expectant.

Needs to add six by the start of next season to start heading in the right direction; the whole team transformed by end of the summer after.

Long hard road, but I trust the man in the dugout if he;s up for it and he's backed.

Couldn't agree more. I'm really positive, infact when we had energy in the first half, we absolutely battered them. It's not totally unfair to say we could have gone in at the break 3-0 up, and even 1 or 2 up at the break and it's likely a different story.

The first half gives me hope that on another day, we would have won that game at a canter.

Unfortunately, it's almost like a typical FA cup upset. The favourites fluff their chances and the underdog grabs a 1 goal winner.

I'm all for getting behind the squad, Carlo and his new incoming signings to improve and drive this club forwards.

Couldn't agree more. I'm really positive, infact when we had energy in the first half, we absolutely battered them. It's not totally unfair to say we could have gone in at the break 3-0 up, and even 1 or 2 up at the break and it's likely a different story.

The first half gives me hope that on another day, we would have won that game at a canter.

Unfortunately, it's almost like a typical FA cup upset. The favourites fluff their chances and the underdog grabs a 1 goal winner.

I'm all for getting behind the squad, Carlo and his new incoming signings to improve and drive this club forwards.
We're dealing with the Kopite media spin of the Klopp Babes here too. It;'s sycophantic nonsense as per usual. Everton's players are not that good - add fatigue to that and you get our 2nd half. It's a simple and mundane as that.

It's the complete, and utter lack of fight @davek that concerns me most.

Changing players / systems etc. is one thing, changing the mentality of players is something else.
These players have to be binned mate. That's the point of the thread. Mentally they haven't been scouted by the DoF and Koeman previous to him. One thing you can say about Moyes is that he did do that.

No mate. Just not true. Go and check the teams, stadium and manager in that game...
The insinuation that that Liverpool side tonight was as good or better in terms of playing personnel than our team is laughable. You are right about one thing, the stadium and the opposing manager, who did nothing tactically - because he didn't have to, caused our millionaire international footballers to evacuate their bowels on terrestrial TV in front of the nation before rolling over to have their bellies tickled by a bunch of youth team players. Most embarrassing result in my 40 odd years watching the club. We've been worse than this in the past but never so gutless. Any other premier League team knocks them out tonight. We were always going to lose.

We need to get to safety and start again.
The club is rotten.
They will take us down and not be arsed.
No respect for themselves or the club.
We’re doing this for ourselves now.

I think after the Burnley/Newcastle games people think we are cruising, We are 5 points from Bournemouth in 19th

So, what you're saying is, this is the start of yet another rebuilding of the team, results which we could possibly see in the years to come. The well is dry, its all been heard before many, many times. Excuse my apathy but all I see is pottling along mid-table awaiting a possible new shiny stadium.

We are currently the 4th best team on Merseyside.

If its ok with you im gonna gnash my teeth for most of the week.

Gnash away. When you;re done with that you'll remember that these players are going to be our past in the next 18 months or so. Ancelotti wont be pursuing the same trash from 'top clubs' strategy that your hero has massively failed us with.

Status
Not open for further replies.