Coaching trio Depart

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hardly even news. We all knew this would happen because managers have teams of trusted backroom men they take with them from club to club, so it was inevitable that Moyes would take his closest lieutenants with him to Man Utd and Martinez would bring his guys from Wigan. As soon as it's been rubber-stamped for the Wigan men to join us, I'd expect Owen Coyle to name his new backroom team too. It's just a merry-go-round and I'd expect any compo to be fairly minimal in any case; whatever we might pay to buy Jones etc out of their Wigan deals is likely to be evened out by the compo we get from Man Utd for the guys leaving us.

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more from Graeme Jones. Swansea wanted him to return to become their manager last summer after Brenda left, and he seems quite well regarded as a coach.

Lololol.

You loved Steve Round didn't you?

Moyes' very own Mini-me.

His highpoint for me was when he ran on the pitch at the end of the United game we drew 3-3 and were on the attack in the last seconds before the ref blew up for time. Hiding behind Moyes and remonstrating with the officials by mimicking Moyes' hand gestures.

Comedy gold.

Looks like it'll be four out, four in, on the coaching side.

Out: Round, Woods, Lumsden and Holden.

In: (from the Echo) It is believed that Martinez will look to bring trusted assistant manager Graeme Jones, chief scout Kevin Reeves, goalkeeping coach Inaki Bergara and coach Dennis Lawrence with him from Wigan.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fc-closing-wigan-defender-4798394

Edit: Actually more like five out, four in, because Robbie Cooke (chief scout) is going with Moyes too. So with Weir having left already it leaves us a couple of bodies short on the coaching side at the moment compared to last season.

Last edited:
Bit underwhelming really... I know we shouldn't get too concerned about the coaching staff, but you'd have to wonder if Sheedy, Stubbs or Ferguson are wanted now?

Lawrence is Wigan's EDS coach (U21s) and if he takes up a similar role here, will Stubbs want someone treading on his toes?

Bit underwhelming really... I know we shouldn't get too concerned about the coaching staff, but you'd have to wonder if Sheedy, Stubbs or Ferguson are wanted now?

Lawrence is Wigan's EDS coach (U21s) and if he takes up a similar role here, will Stubbs want someone treading on his toes?

stubbs may go. martinez hasnt brought anyone in for the youth set up so you'd think irvine, sheedy and ferguson would be staying?

stubbs may go. martinez hasnt brought anyone in for the youth set up so you'd think irvine, sheedy and ferguson would be staying?

Would hope so because Wigan's Academy setup is probably on par with a League One club in terms of spending and resources. No disrespect to their coaches.

If I was a United fan, the first wave of unexplainable unease would be washing over me as I examined Steve Round's barely concealed lottery style elation

Status
Not open for further replies.