Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s obviously getting voided in the next 3 months anyway!

i'd agree, but as of today....

-55 european FA's committed to finishing the season when safe
- the dutch said hard deadline of 3rd August - UEFA and lots of journalists have said this is incorrect & no hard deadline
- 20/21 season will now not start as scheduled under current circumstances (original will be being played or still unsafe to play)

Thousands of people are dying and we are seriously debating whether to void or restart the season?

I know that we all need a distraction but is it really that important ?

If it’s talk of voiding, it’s important, decisive action, the best decision for the health of the nation (apparently).

If it’s talk of resuming, it’s insensitive, greedy, unimportant, risking lives and a decision taken solely for the benefit of one club.

That’s what i’ve learned anyway.

In the current situation who cares if the season is voided or starts again at some stage in the future.

Probably the tens of thousands of people employed by clubs across the country (particularly event staff, obvs).

The hundreds of thousands of fans of more vulnerable clubs, ala Bolton and Bury might care a bit too.

If it’s talk of voiding, it’s important, decisive action, the best decision for the health of the nation (apparently).

If it’s talk of resuming, it’s insensitive, greedy, unimportant, risking lives and a decision taken solely for the benefit of one club.

That’s what i’ve learned anyway.

Probably the tens of thousands of people employed by clubs across the country (particularly event staff, obvs).

The hundreds of thousands of fans of more vulnerable clubs, ala Bolton and Bury might care a bit too.

We’d be in Europe next season if it gets voided, so why are you assed?

In the current situation who cares if the season is voided or starts again at some stage in the future.

If the RS weren't so far clear in the league and voiding the season would burst their bubble we wouldn't even be talking about this as an issue.

Thousands of people are dying and we are seriously debating whether to void or restart the season?

I know that we all need a distraction but is it really that important ?

Sorry Jazzy - Im gonna call bull on this arguement. I am up walls with worry waiting for Covid-19 test results at the moment, have concerns for elderly parents who live 200 yards away and I havent seen since the 13th of March & frankly distraction is massively important.

The point is caring about the impact of covid-19 and what happens next in football is ok, whether you think the league should be voided, continued at all costs or anywhere in between. They don't have to be mutually exclusive because one is far far more important than the other & if you really feel this strongly how can you care about football and turn up to Goodison of a Saturday in a world where people are dying daily through war, famine and all sorts of horrific diseases during the "Normal times"

to quote Michael Parkinson who put it well “is not war, or death, or famine – it’s not that at all. It’s the opposite of that. It’s to persuade us of a life outside of that… that’s why sport’s important.”

We’d be in Europe next season if it gets voided, so why are you assed?

I'm not. I've never once said it was my preference, just that it was the most likely outcome, and I still think it is.

We'd only be in Europe if the league is voided, if the league decide to award places based on 2018/19's finishing spot, if City's ban is upheld and if UEFA decide to allow new teams into the competition. Lot's of ifs, but I certainly hope you're right.

I'm not. I've never once said it was my preference, just that it was the most likely outcome, and I still think it is.

We'd only be in Europe if the league is voided, if the league decide to award places based on 2018/19's finishing spot, if City's ban is upheld and if UEFA decide to allow new teams into the competition. Lot's of ifs, but I certainly hope you're right.
Not bothered about being in Europe next season, however the thought of Liverpool NOT winning the Premier League is hilariously funny.

Not bothered about being in Europe next season, however the thought of Liverpool NOT winning the Premier League is hilariously funny.

Given the reasoning for it being void, it would have to be a pretty scummy individual to try to celebrate a victory in that context.

Have to agree with @catcherintherye in that case, mate. Thousands of people are dying. Not the time for oneupmanship.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, bud.
What do you think would be the easiest way for top quality premier league football action to continue going forwards now that it is obvious that the current season is dead and unable to be revived?

What do you think would be the easiest way for top quality premier league football action to continue going forwards now that it is obvious that the current season is dead and unable to be revived?

In line with the written statement from 100+ lower league clubs, I dispute that the current season is 'dead and is unable to be revived'.

I think the easiest way to return to Football is simply to follow the steps as instructed by the CMO and the government, wait for all this to subside and then, only when it is safe to do so, resume the current season.

I don't believe that causes chaos. I think it pushes back the Football calendar, which is something we'd have to contend with anyway. I believe that voiding the season causes chaos for all of those 100+ clubs, plus the majority of clubs in the 92. It has sizeable financial consequences which could very easily place several of those clubs into administration and threaten their very existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.