Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate says that you don’t need ambulances or medical staff on hand for behind closed doors games that’s only for fans, he said club doctors and physios would be enough, I can’t find anything about this on the net, is he right?

Would you risk billions of pounds worth of elite athletes playing a contact sport with risks of concussions, bone fractures and serious ligament injuries whilst having no medical staff on duty?

My mate says that you don’t need ambulances or medical staff on hand for behind closed doors games that’s only for fans, he said club doctors and physios would be enough, I can’t find anything about this on the net, is he right?
Play millions upon millions of pounds of talent without full support network of medical services. Is your mate's surname, Aldridge?

Good luck to any player trying to get insurance whilst there are still any sort of restrictions in place.

I completely agree. What I am saying is if legally, insurance and everything stacks up but stadiums full not permitted, (ie a situation where gatherings of up to 1000 approved) the behind closed doors might happen. I think it very very unlikely though

Sorry Mate though you meant just our club. Not the likes of the Yanks.
To be honest I took it as a straight question. But if the 20 clubs who make up the league own the league and have acces to that 1.5 billion, then the answer to their financial situation is within their own hands.

I completely agree. What I am saying is if legally, insurance and everything stacks up but stadiums full not permitted, (ie a situation where gatherings of up to 1000 approved) the behind closed doors might happen. I think it very very unlikely though
Think there are just too many things that need to fall into place for this to happen which makes it highly unlikely.

Don't think it will be possible or worth it just to appease the TV companies.

Because it will cost all clubs a lot of money Matty, we’re talking hundreds of millions in some cases, to end the season early, with games to play and fates undecided, thats why.

Then, on top of that, you have the nightmare scenario of how prize money is carved up, who is relegated / promoted and how european spots are apportioned, which is a whole other mess that the authorities just do not want, understandably so.

It’s far, far easier for clubs, players and the authorities to simply freeze everything, defer wages, delay international tournaments, extend player contracts where possible (all of which you are seeing happen right now, it’s being done and has already been done) than to void an entire league season.

That decision was taken at conference level already and 60+ clubs at that level have already wrote to authorities to overturn the decision. Imagine that on a national scale for the 92 Football League clubs and you can see why the preference for all concerned (bar a small minority) is to resume when possibly and ONLY when it is safe to do so.

money or lives hmmm wonder what’s better and more important

Status
Not open for further replies.