Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely all this talk by some loud voices in the professional game touting cramming an extra ten games (more if clubs are still in cup comps), then almost straight into a full season, then into a international championships, short break and into the 21/22 season then another international championships tourney, another short break then another full season!!

Those voices don't seem to be as concerned about winter breaks, or any other breaks to stop players getting too tired. It seems they pick and choose whatever suits at the time.

Firstly, everyone agrees people's live are more important and no risks around safety should be involved; any arguement to jib mass gatherings to play behind closed doors are simply nonsense

specifically, to answer why I dont think it should be voided, it is about the sequential nature of football, one season ends, 12 team get promoted, 12 relegated, 7 qualify for Europe and 4 are crowned winners. This idea of bin this season to concentrate on next is ridiculous, answer me this....

If football gets going with a new season (after voiding) in august (or August 2021 for that matter) and there is another breakout of coronavirus in Jan/Feb, what then? Void that one and go again the next august & the same the year after, void again & then year after that.....

this is not a 2 month hiatus and life just goes back to normal and that's it; seasons are intrinsically linked and the "it's easier to just bin it" just doesn't add up in terms of the good of the game, the moral argument or the right thing to do. When it is safe to play, play the next game, if realistic (ie core of players still in contract and still alive).

If your logic for voiding is it's hilarious to see the RS blow their minds and loose it, then that is absolutely fair and very very funny, bit the

I agree that this is a long term thing. That's why this season should be cancelled and next season shouldn't even start.

People have asked why the Premier League reportedly have 1.5 billion in cash reserves? War would be one such reason.

We are at war.

It's a World War.

Firstly, everyone agrees people's live are more important and no risks around safety should be involved; any arguement to jib mass gatherings to play behind closed doors are simply nonsense

specifically, to answer why I dont think it should be voided, it is about the sequential nature of football, one season ends, 12 team get promoted, 12 relegated, 7 qualify for Europe and 4 are crowned winners. This idea of bin this season to concentrate on next is ridiculous, answer me this....

If football gets going with a new season (after voiding) in august (or August 2021 for that matter) and there is another breakout of coronavirus in Jan/Feb, what then? Void that one and go again the next august & the same the year after, void again & then year after that.....

this is not a 2 month hiatus and life just goes back to normal and that's it; seasons are intrinsically linked and the "it's easier to just bin it" just doesn't add up in terms of the good of the game, the moral argument or the right thing to do. When it is safe to play, play the next game, if realistic (ie core of players still in contract and still alive).

If your logic for voiding is it's hilarious to see the RS blow their minds and loose it, then that is absolutely fair and very very funny, bit the

im baffled to why you want it to resume so much.... oh wait I know why

It’s not happening. It will be voided soon and all you closed RS fans can log off

That’s fine, I don’t disagree with you for what it’s worth, there is a good chance the season does get voided.

I’m just trying to understand why you think that lives would be risked by resuming the season?

again, it's unlikely - but to say it's 0% chance of football coming back behind closed doors is naive.. Behind closed doors could be the only way football could happen for the next two years - large gatherings might simply be to large a risk....

im baffled to why you want it to resume so much.... oh wait I know why

I have the courtesy to answer your question and give some logical reasons why I think it should be continued and all you can say is... "oh wait I know why" you must be a red. It's childish and nonsensical, i've outlined my logic why I dont think it should be voided if avoidable, something you are yet to do, to the best of my knowledge

again answer this.....

How’s that mate?

Wheather the outcome is voiding or resuming, either has the same impact on people’s health - zero.

They’ll resume the current season when it’s safe to do so OR they’ll void and resume the next season when it’s safe to do so.

Either way, we’ll only get back to playing Football when it’s safe to do so.

Mate I’m going to but things plain and simple. There’s no need for all this back and forth and semantics.

If the season is voided -Liverpool will not win the league.

Case closed.

I agree that this is a long term thing. That's why this season should be cancelled and next season shouldn't even start.

People have asked why the Premier League reportedly have 1.5 billion in cash reserves? War would be one such reason.

We are at war.

It's a World War.

I think you are right to a point, football is cancelled & realistically the notion of August - May probably wont be the same for years with interuptions for weeks and months possibly becoming a new norm. IMHO that is all the more reason for the continuation of leagues (not just this season but next as well); it could take two year to complete a season over the next few & thats a better outcome that voiding two as far as im concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.