Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the courtesy to answer your question and give some logical reasons why I think it should be continued and all you can say is... "oh wait I know why" you must be a red. It's childish and nonsensical, i've outlined my logic why I dont think it should be voided if avoidable, something you are yet to do, to the best of my knowledge

again answer this.....

If football gets going with a new season (after voiding) in august (or August 2021 for that matter) and there is another breakout of coronavirus in Jan/Feb, what then? Void that one and go again the next august & the same the year after, void again & then year after that.....
You can't plan for what if's. Nothing would get done ever.

That's precisely my point, when it's safe to play, play the next game and so on, commit to it and stick to it. If you void this year and there's another coronavirus related hiatus next year, you pause and play when it's safe again and so on

That's precisely my point, when it's safe to play, play the next game and so on, commit to it and stick to it. If you void this year and there's another coronavirus related hiatus next year, you pause and play when it's safe again and so on
You can't let this season impact next season. It would defeat the object.
You'd just be moving the problem instead of fixing it.
Football needs normality more than it needs to finish this season.

You can't let this season impact next season. It would defeat the object.
You'd just be moving the problem instead of fixing it.
Football needs normality more than it needs to finish this season.

Completely get your point willo, but will always be my view that normality is not voiding a season, given all the hassle about courts, delays, appeals, who qualifies for CL etc; it is continuing it. It seems unlikely that football will return in August and normality will be simply getting any form of football played.

I do think the longer the hiatus the more likely voiding is (inevitable at some point), I just think it comes with alot of problems as well & doesnt take into account the fact that life as we remember it in terms if large gatherings could be gone for a long long time

You can risk assess, though. The government are going to have to risk assess how long this lockdown will be necessary for, and the affect on the economy will be weighed up within their risk assessment.

If large gatherings increase the risk of propagation and incidence, which they clearly do, then the government aren't going to jeopardise the rest of the economy just to appease the sports and event industries.

If next season does happen, it may have to be behind closed doors. I can't see a return to normality, with mass congregations of 40,000 people in confined spaces with away fans travelling up and down the country each weekend. That type of normality will not return until this situation is under control. Everyone hopes this will be as soon as possible, but at this moment the government are turning national exhibition centres into hospitals and local leisure centres into mass morgues.

Completely get your point willo, but will always be my view that normality is not voiding a season, given all the hassle about courts, delays, appeals, who qualifies for CL etc; it is continuing it. It seems unlikely that football will return in August and normality will be simply getting any form of football played.

I do think the longer the hiatus the more likely voiding is (inevitable at some point), I just think it comes with alot of problems as well & doesnt take into account the fact that life as we remember it in terms if large gatherings could be gone for a long long time
That's different though and in them circumstances then it should be on the table to complete this one.
But if there is any chance of football being played in August then it has to be start of a new season.

If this were to happen, hopefully not, regarding the extension of registration and players contracts, I assume this means it’s optional for the club? So we don’t have to keep the likes of Niasse beyond their set expiration date? If not then surely those who are organising all of this need to be funding the club to pay for those particular players’ wages.

If this were to happen, hopefully not, regarding the extension of registration and players contracts, I assume this means it’s optional for the club? So we don’t have to keep the likes of Niasse beyond their set expiration date? If not then surely those who are organising all of this need to be funding the club to pay for those particular players’ wages.

ESPN just posted big story on exactly that issue:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...ng-fifas-bold-plan-to-handle-player-contracts

For those who don't want to read it all, the main point is this:

The single biggest proposed change is that all contracts set to expire on June 30 would instead expire on the final day of the 2019-20 season, whenever that day is in an individual country. For some leagues, pandemic permitting, that may mean July. For others, it could be as late as August or September. Obviously, national leagues will decide those dates in accordance with their government and health authorities.

The rest of the article basically explains all the reasons why this wouldn't work.

ESPN just posted big story on exactly that issue:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...ng-fifas-bold-plan-to-handle-player-contracts

For those who don't want to read it all, the main point is this:

The rest of the article basically explains all the reasons why this wouldn't work.

Literally everything they’re suggesting just isn’t going to work, literally nothing will work. They should just stop beating around the bush, do the most sensible thing and null and void the season.

I don't think they necessarily are; one thing the FA make clear is this is a consideration if it is safe to do so.

At some stage when the worst is over there will probably be a situation whereby you can return to work / uni / school etc if you are not showing any symptoms, which will be long before large gatherings such as a full stadium can go ahead.

It will be a strange dystopian world where you walk into anywhere and there is someone taking your temperature around every corner.
Well I know a lot of RS have something stuck up their bottoms,not sure its a thermometer though

With all due respect - have a read back over my posts instead investing your time in the bile above. You are so far off the mark it's incredible!

I am not hiding behind the "When it's safe" to do so & at no point did I say it's a good idea, the point in my above post is the FA are, the solution is a vague notion of how football might return, no one knows when this will be realistically & I have mentioned on here for quite some time that I think football could be a 8 - 12 months away & there is no way behind close doors will happen in reality (and outlined all the reasons why).

Personally, I don't think the season will be finished but what is clear is there is still clutching at straw attempts to do so, from the FA, the Bundesliga who revealed a similar plan this morning & UEFA who continue to say seasons will be finished (at least they are now talking deadlines).

What I have said here (on the 12th March) - the plan remains to finish the season, this was in the context of a one month break from sport being predicted which clearly isn't the case now. My other main point is that whether the league is voided, finished in delayed capacity or anything else, they will all come with their individual challenges, legal, logistical or timing.
They will be shown a pictures of thousands of bodies outside ,crematoriums,in 40ft cold storage containers and temporary morgues and not so politely told to F off

Status
Not open for further replies.